Watch webinar on "New Ontology plug-in"
The recording of Integrating controlled vocabularies in information management systems: the new ontology plug-in is now available on Youtube and Slideshare. The plug-in was introduced at an AIMS Webinar at the beginning of this month by Marc Goovaerts and Dirk Leiders of Hasselt University Library.
The plug-in searches multiple thesauri and ontologies simultaneously by using a web service broker, like AGROVOC, ASFA, Plant Ontology, NERC-C19 ontology, and OceanExpert, and delivers a list of selected concepts with URIs and preferred labels. The plug-in was created within the context of AgriOcean DSpace, but is as an independent plug-in usable in any other application or information system.
As it is open software, developers are invited to reuse, enrich and enhance the existing source code!
- Global Forum on Agricultural Research: Enabling Open Access to Agricultural Data and Information. More info
- Article Openness and Visibility by Stephen Rudgard published in ICT Update bulletin. More info
- Call for participation for the new Agricultural Data Interoperability Interest Group set up by Research Data Alliance. More info
- Databib: Cataloging the World's Research Data Repositories. More info
- W3C publishes Linked Data Glossary. More info
- 21 New Preservation Vocabularies available at id.loc.gov. More info
- OpenAGRIS was presented at the LODLAM Summit 2013. More info
- AIMS Events Service: a quick overview of upcoming conferences, webinars and workshops. More info
- Post on W3C's "Open Annotation Community Group". More info
- AIMS Newsletter. VOA3R Special Issue, Summer 2013. More info
- 6th INASP Open Access Week competition. More info
- OrganicDataNetwork for better European organic market information. More info
- USAID/Tanzania project: designing and collecting more accurate and reliable agricultural data. More info
- Certify your data: Open Data Institute (ODI) launched Open Data Certificates. More info
- COAR Report on Sustainable Practices for Populating Repositories. More info
- AGROVOC and TESEO met to discuss VocBench. More info
- UNESCO: Strategies and a roadmap to implement Open Access policies in Latin American and the Caribbean. More info
- Keeping your DSpace storage under control. More info
- Alliance SIDALC libraries in a map. More info
- G8 Science Ministers endorse the need to increase access to publicly-funded research. More info
- USA. 3rd International Conference on Advanced Materials and Information Technology Processing
- Australia. NLP & DBpedia Workshop 2013
- Spain. Aligning National Approaches to Digital Preservation: An Action Assembly
- USA. Open Research Data ... breaking down barriers - RDA Second Plenary Meeting
- Portugal. DC-2013 Special Session: Long-term Preservation and Governance of RDF Vocabularies
- UK. Repository Fringe 2013
- Hong Kong. ETD 2013: Asian Values, Western Thought, World Treasure! 16th International Symposium on Electronic Theses and Dissertations
- Kenya. OceanTeacher Academy Training Course: Digital Asset Management
What is a hackathon? Gathering of programmers to collaboratively code in an extreme manner over a short period of time, usually a few days, generally no longer than a week. More information:
- Guide for organizing a successful hackathon for social good
- Can a ‘Hackathon’ Meeting Yield Innovation?
- Green Hackathon
Open access interview with Federico Sancho from IICA
Federico Sancho is the Head of the Inter-American Information and Editorial Production Center for Agriculture at Inter-American Institute for Cooperation on Agriculture (IICA) Headquarters.The AIMS editorial team invited Federico Sancho to share ideas and his institution's experiences on openning up access to research outputs and he shares this with the agricultural information management community. Federico also is an active member of the International Association of Agricultural Information Specialists (IAALD).
Read the interview with Federico Sancho.
The scope of the AIMS Newsletter is to bring under the attention of the AIMS community recent news, events and achievements in the field of agricultural information management. If you have any contribution, suggestion, or need assistance with the newsletter, please contact us at [email protected]
You received this message because you are subscribed to the AIMS Newsletter