IMARK & CIARD Pathways
In the context of open access, The Information Management Resource Kit (IMARK) provides courses, which are Digital Libraries, Repositories and Documents -this module covers the creation , management and dissemination of documents in the electronic environment. The Digitization and Digital Libraries module build up through providing more information relating to preservation, creation and dissemination of digital libraries. Finally, the Management of Electronic Documents module offers a series of basic issues relating to managing electronic documents.
Under the CIARD umbrella, CIARD Pathways offer good practices related to the implementation of OA document repositories. These include:
- Advocate the benefits of the digital accessibility of content shows how to advocate for the digital accessibility of research outputs and lists benefits to stakeholders.
- License Content to Encourage Use and Re-use provides information about how to manage the rights of your institution’s digital content in order to stimulate its’ use and reuse.
- Work with Publishers who have Flexible Policies on Open Access shows how the choice of a publisher or publication route affects the opportunities for open access.
- Digitize older outputs, to be 'born again' digital provides information on the benefits of ‘back-digitization’ and about how to carry out a digitization project.
- Put in place institutional policies that enable the sustainable development of a repository shows how to create a strong policy framework.
- Preservation of digital documents and data provides information on the key elements to consider in a preservation policy.
- Develop a Repository for Digital Content introduces the key areas of technical requirements, policy and planning that are needed to develop a repository.