Date/Time: 13 September 2017, 15:00 CEST - REGISTER NOW
By joining this Research Data Alliance (RDA) webinar you will learn about:
- the first set of RDA recommendations recently been published by the European Commission as ICT Technical Specifications;
- its impact on research and business, on procurement processes and how the ICT technical specifications are envisioned to foster competition in the field ICT and reduce the risk of lock-in to proprietary systems while promoting openness and interoperability.
The webinar will first describe how ICT technical specifications relate to the standardisation efforts in EU and will focus in detail on the 4 RDA recommendations / ICT Technical Specifications and how these recommendations can be used by institutions and public organisations to foster data sharing and interoperability.
- TS1 The Basic Vocabulary of Foundational Terminology and Query Tool - produced by the Data Foundation & Terminology WG which ensures researchers use a common terminology when referring to data.
- TS2 The Data Type Model and Registry published by the Data Type Registries WG providing machine-readable and researcher-accessible registries of data types that support the accurate use of data
- TS3 The Machine Actionable Policy Templates produced by the Practical Policy WG designed to support data sharing and interchange between communities.
- TS4 The Persistent Identifier Type Registry produced by the PID Information Types WG, a conceptual model for structuring typed information to better identify PIDs, common interface for access to this information.
RDA Europe, the European plug-in to the global RDA, has carried forward the evaluation, approval and publication of the 4 Recommendations as ICT specifications and is currently working on the submission of a new set of 5 Recommendations for this autumn.
- Raphael Ritz - Max Planck Computing and Data Facility (MPCDF)
- Florence Benezit - Trust-It Services