The International Centre for Integrated Mountain Development (ICIMOD), in collaboration with the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) is organizing a National Workshop on Access to Global Online Research in Agriculture (AGORA) from 29 to 30 March 2018 in Kathmandu, Nepal.
The AGORA programme, set up by FAO together with major publishers, enables developing countries to gain access to an outstanding digital library collection that includes information on food, agriculture, environmental science, and related social sciences. AGORA provides a collection of up to +6,100 key journals and +23,000 books to more than 3,400 institutions in more than 115 countries. AGORA is designed to enhance the scholarship of the many thousands of students and researchers of agriculture and life sciences in the developing world.
AGORA is one of the five programmes that make up Research4Life. The other four are:
- Access to Research in Health Programme (HINARI),
- Online Access to Research in the Environment (OARE),
- Access to Research for Development and Innovation (ARDI),
- Global Online Access to Legal Information (GOALI)
The main objective of this workshop is to:
- raise awareness of key trends in scientific publishing in agriculture, environmental science, forestry and related social sciences, and
- enhance capacities to access and use information resources available on the AGORA platform.
Invites Your Institution to REGISTER to Research4Life, to access/use its content from AGORA, HINARI, ARDI, OARE, GOALI contents.
Be careful selecting the CORRECT COUNTRY, AREA, OR TERRITORY NAME. If it is not listed, it is not eligible for Research4Life programmes.
Register to AGORA (Access to Global Online Research in Agriculture) & start using its content. Note that since the new Research4Life authentication system is on - AGORA has also gained some institutions originally registered for other Research4Life Programmes. Consequently, these institutions have now access to AGORA.
- AGORA Curso en línea: Fundamentos de Alfabetización Informacional y Acceso Global en Línea a la Investigación en Agricultura – 9 Abril hasta 20 Abril 2018
- FOCUS ON ... GOALI : GLOBAL ONLINE ACCESS TO LEGAL INFORMATION (AIMS Newsletter, March 2018)
- AGORA free Online Course took place again at the beginning of 2018
- AGORA platform discovered by Instituto Nicaraguense de Tecnologia Agropecuaria (2018)
From Workshop on AGORA: Global Access to Online Information in Agricultural Research (2018, Cairo, Egypt)
- National AGORA Workshop in the Republic of Moldova: Access to Online Information in Agricultural Research (2017)
- Tanzania workshop on Access to Global Online Research in Agriculture (AGORA) (2017)
- Springer opened its entire list of journals to Research4Life: 992 additional journals from Springer are now available through AGORA (2017)
- Free e-learning course "AGORA: Fundamentals of Information Literacy and Access to Global Online Research in Agriculture" aims to provide information about the fundamentals of information literacy competencies and develop necessary skills to access and effectively use AGORA
- Free e-learning course “Access to scientific information resources in agriculture in low-income countries” (ASIRA) aims to provide a platform to enhance the visibility, accessibility and usability of agricultural data and science particularly in low-income countries
- Webinars@AIMS on Access to Global Online Research in Agriculture (Filter by “AGORA”)
And, thanks again for your interest !