Date: 2- 3 April 2018
Venue: Sher-e-Bangla Agricultural University, Dhaka, Bangladesh
Type: Training Workshops
Title: AGORA National Training Workshop Bangladesh
Contact person: Md. Anwarul Islam email@example.com, PhD, Librarian, Sher-e-Bangla Agricultural University
Sher-e-Bangla Agricultural University in Bangladesh in collaboration with the Information Training and Outreach Centre for Africa (ITOCA) in South Africa organized a National Workshop titled “Access to Global Online Research in Agriculture (AGORA) in Bangladesh” supported by the FAO (Food and Agriculture Organization) of the United Nations, from 2 to 3 April 2018.
Inauguration session held on 2 April 2018. The Honourable Vice-Chancellor of Sher-e-Bangla Agricultural University (SAU) was the Chief Guest and the Chairperson was Professor Ruhul Amin, Dean, Faculty of Agriculture of SAU. Special Guests were Professor Dr Sekender Ali, the Honourable Pro-VC, SAU, Professor Anwarul Haque Beg, Treasurer, SAU. Imma Subirats, AGORA Programme Manager (FAO of the United Nations) was the Guest of Honour. The programme was presided by Dr Anwarul Islam, Librarian, SAU and Programme Coordinator.
The main objective of this workshop was to:
- raise awareness of key trends in scientific publishing on agriculture, environmental science, forestry and related social sciences; and
- enhance capacities to access and use information resources available on the AGORA platform.
The course comprised of lectures delivered in a classroom setting, hands-on exercises, and group work. Some of the activities involved accessing live websites and portals on the Internet while a few other issues were conducted offline.
A total of 105 participants from various institutions in Bangladesh attended the National Training Workshop. Imma Subirats conducted the activities as resource person while various participants assisted her during interactive sections.
Certificate award sessions were held for participants prior to the end of each activity on both days.
For more information about AGORA:
- Contact AGORA at: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Join AGORA DGroups through the following link: <https://dgroups.org/fao/agora/join>
- From Workshop on AGORA: Global Access to Online Information in Agricultural Research (6 March 2018, Cairo, Egypt)
- From AGORA Workshop in Nepal (29 -30 March, 2018)