AGORA's goal is to provide free or low cost access (complementary to open access) to peer-reviewed journals (to date: 8273) and e-books (to date: 22731) in agriculture and related biological, environmental and social sciences.
provides a big share of peer-reviewed contents for free to institutions in group A countries and for a small fee to group B countries.
By bringing key scientific literature to students, researchers and scientists, AGORA portal has "become a crucial tool for some of the world’s poorest countries [as] access to information is key to develop agriculture and ensure food security" (R4L Press Release).
The most noticeable development in AGORA's usage context - during the last months - has been the upward growth of the number of institutions registered with AGORA/R4L programme.
In particular, during the months of June & August 2017 - - 32 new AGORA requests were processed [In June 2017 - 24].
Thus AGORA has recently got 27 new institutions ! [In June 2017 - 19]
The total of registered institutions at 31 of August was - 3221 !
More about AGORA:
- Register to AGORA (Access to Global Online Research in Agriculture) and start using its content
- Research4Life Stories of Change: First story about AGORA recently published
- Investigación Bibliográfica sobre la Nutrición - Navegar por AGORA (Webinar@AIMS)
- Rejoignez-nous pour un webinaire sur la recherche d’information scientifique sur la nutrition – Naviguez AGORA (Webinar@AIMS)
- Literature Research on Nutrition - Browsing AGORA (Webinar@AIMS)
- Finding AGORA resources by keyword - Literature Research with Summon (Webinar@AIMS)
- Encontrar recursos en AGORA por palabra clave. Búsqueda usando Summon (Webinar@AIMS)
- Retrouver des ressources dans AGORA par mot-clé - Utiliser Summon (Webinar@AIMS)
- Estrategias de búsqueda efectiva para investigadores. Encontrar recursos en AGORA y otras plataformas (Webinar@AIMS)
- Des recherches en ligne efficaces pour les chercheurs. Retrouver de ressources dans AGORA et dans d’autres plateformes (Webinar@AIMS)
- Effective Search Strategies for Researchers. Finding resources on AGORA and other platforms (Webinar@AIMS)
- Access to Global Online Research in Agriculture (AGORA) (Webinar@AIMS)
- Access to research in the developing world (Research4Life brochure)
- Focus on AGORA: Following Growth Trends In Usage And Contents (AIMS Newsletter no.55, October 2016)