The Pre-Research Data Alliance (RDA) Symposium will be a precursor event to the RDA plenary meeting in Berlin, 21.-23. March 2018
! 15 JANUARY 2017 !
Proposals should be submitted against one of the symposium themes. Depending on the theme, either a long paper, discussion of a number of dimensions, or a short paper focussing on a particular issue is invited.
Important points to note about abstract submissions:
# AT THE CROSSROADS OF RESEARCH DATA MANAGEMENT SERVICES
All over the world universities and libraries have started the task of developing Research Data Management (RDM) services.
Ideally such initiatives aim to result in a COMPLETE SERVICE PORTFOLIO covering the entire research lifecycle :
- - - See, for example, EUDAT: Research data infrastructure and European Open Science Cloud vision.
- - - See, for example, DSpace-GLAM based on DSpace-CRIS : Manage, Analyze & Preserve your digital heritage.
- - - See, for example, the European Data Portal e-learning programme,
# TOWARDS A COMPLETE SCENARIO TO SUPPORT RDM SERVICES
RDM services are often seen as requiring a JOINT EFFORT from university, library, IT center, faculties and other stakeholders. Nevertheless, currently - - nowhere in the world - - such a complete support scenario has been established.
This means that it is timely for actors in the various dimensions of such initiatives internationally to share their experiences, research and insights.
The upcoming Symposium in Göttingenin will explore this topic and hear lightening talks from research organisations that have started to offer such services in whole or in part on their campus.
Thus, the Symposium will provide a forum for universities and libraries to share their experience and to learn from each other.
- A Research Data Policy at Wageningen University & Research: Best Practices as a Framework
- Data Sharing : there is no One-Size Fits-All solution ...
- METADATA 2020 : towards Metadata as the Scholarly Community’s top priorityBig Metadata : prioritizing next steps to advance Metadata Research in Data Science
- Data Management & Permanent Access to Digital Research Resources : learning from DANS Institute
- Articulating the value of DATA with the Australian National Data Service (ANDS)
- Recorded (ANDS) - FAIR (Findable, Interoperable, Accessible, Reusable) Webinar series
- CESSDA Research Data Management for Open Data doctoral training series: RESEARCH DATA MANAGEMENT AND OPEN DATA
- IGAD Data Experts shared their Knowledge & Expertise at the RDA-IGAD Pre-Meeting in Montreal (2017)