We are surrounded by mountains of data and statistics...
A webinar entitled HUNTING for EVIDENCE in the DATA LANDSCAPE (provided by the Scottish Enhancement Themes initiative, in February 2019) presents a base camp, map and compass for...
... staff involved in managing academic quality to EXPLORE and better UNDERSTAND the range of DATA available to them, and how it may be meaningfully used.
TO UNDERSTAND 'SAME DATA IN DIFFERENT WAYS' BETTER...
Since the Higher Education sector cut, tweak and present the same data in different ways to:
- promote courses to students,
- measure against government targets,
- evidence cases for academic promotion,
- tell different stories,
and considering that with the amount of data available it is easy to feel lost in the mix, a range of staff from across Scotland’s universities, with expertise in data and information management, have helped collate data and statistics to create the Higher Education (HE) DATA LANDSCAPE resource.
The intention of the HE Data Landscape resource is to provide a guide (which includes 13 individual data guides on key data sources, collections and applications) for staff involved in managing academic quality to understand what data is available to them.
If you want to know more about how you might use the HE Data Landscape resource, you are invited to watch:
"Education is [OUR] top priority because it is a basic human right and the foundation on which to build peace and drive sustainable development" (Education for Sustainable Development Goals: learning objectives; e-book, UNESCO, 2017)
4-8 March 2019 :
AIMS.FAO.ORG has contributed to the Open Education Week with the resource entitled:
Upcoming free webinar on Building an evidence-based approach to widening access: Scotland’s framework for fair access. 19 March from 12:30 to 13:15. Presenters: Dr Mckendry, Widening Access Manager, University of Strathclyde
- Welcome to GODAN Action Open Data Management in Agriculture and Nutrition free Online Course
- Implement effective Open Data & Keep it alive with Open Data TOOLKIT
- New geospatial service to facilitate publishing data (recorded webinar; by GODAN)
- Blockchain and Open Data: Unlocking the Potential of BLOCKCHAIN for AGRICULTURE (recorded webinar; by GODAN)
- How to submit data to AGRIS. Instructions to data providers. AGRIS is the International System for Agricultural Science and Technology providing access to bibliographic information on agricultural science and technology.
- DATA-DRIVEN AGRICULTURE (Recorded Webinars; by GFAR / CTA / GODAN)
- Global Open Data for Agriculture & Nutrition: Success Stories (GODAN)
- The State of the World’s Biodiversity for Food and Agriculture (FAO, 2019) based on DATA
- Towards FARMER-led RESEARCH: a GUIDE to working together with Farmers in Research
- AgBioData ensures Standards and Best Practices for acquisition, display and retrieval of Genomic, Genetic & Breeding Data
- Collect Earth Online (CEO) next generation tool allows anyone to track land-use data and landscape changes anywhere
- Advancing the use of Earth Observation Data for critical issues relating to Land, Climate, Food and Nutrition in AFRICA
- GEOGLAM: Improving the use of Earth Observations for Agricultural Monitoring (recorded GODAN/CTA Webinar)
- CEOS Analysis Ready Data for Land (CARD4L) are satellite data that have been processed to a minimum set of requirements and organized into a form that allows immediate analysis with a minimum of additional user effort and interoperability both through time and with other datasets
- The Necessity for OPEN DATA on Land & Property Rights: a LandPortal & GODAN Action briefing paper (2018)