The World Health Organization Library in Geneva, Switzerland, is recruiting a Librarian to work with its digital library.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
Under the direction and supervision of the Digital Repository Manager, the main duties of the Digital Content Librarian are:
- Providing content inclusion for online posting and curated metadata for WHO Headquarters IRIS collections.
- Creating awareness of IRIS and its policies in Headquarters and streamlining online publishing processes and increased access to IRIS collections.
- Adopting and promoting the use of international standards and best practices for content management and digitisation and preservation in digital repositories.
- Preparing and updating training materials and manuals as necessary.
- Delivering workshops and presentations to strengthen capacity in WHO Regional Offices for the operation and promotion of IRIS at regional level.
- Providing technical support to ensure integration with other content management systems and databases for the use and re-use of IRIS contents and permanent links.
- Providing expert advice on the processes and resources required for digitisation projects.
- Collaboration to develop, adapt and enhance IRIS repository system.
- Liaising with technical units, web team, IT department and contractors as necessary.
View the full vacancy here.