See announcement as published on the project site
Are you a library, a museum or a cultural heritage or art institution interested in publishing your metadata as Linked Data? Libraries and museums store their metadata as 'information silos' because they use their own data codification standards.
The new web of data (replacing the web of documents) and the semantic web technologies provide to these cultural institutions the opportunity "of being there" and to publish their data under the web standards, as the rest of the data providers do. The challenge of publishing under the Linked Data principles is clear, but how to do it?
ALIADA is the answer, the first open source application that can be integrated with a library or museum management system to automatically convert MARC and LIDO metadata to RDF, link the own dataset to external RDF providers, such as DBpedia, VIAF, Freebase or the National Libraries, and publish it on the DataHub (CKAN) as linked open data.
Testing the application
ALIADA Project offers to your institution the possibility of testing the application on a demo site. If you are interesting in participating in our online workshop, please register here to receive the link to the live session on September 24. You will be allocated an hour to perform the test yourself on the same demo site and then, you will receive a form to give us your feedback. If you cannot attend the live session and you want to participate, please contact us using the email address firstname.lastname@example.org
Open online Workshop of ALIADA (English):
- Date: September 24
- Time: 12:30-13:30 (live demo in English by streaming)
- How to register to the online workshop in English: http://www.aliada-project.eu/workshops
- Link to the streaming : (to be announced)
Open on-site Workshop of ALIADA in Spain:
- Date: September 24
- Place: SPRI-EnpresaDigitala. Bizkaia Aretoa (Avda. Abandoibarra, 3. Bilbao)
- Time: 9:30-12:15 am (on site live demo and testing)
- How to register to the on site workshop in Spanish: https://www.euskadinnova.net/es/preinscripcion/01identificacion/abriendo-silos-informacion-cultural-mundo/9795.aspx
- Please, take your own laptop