Are you interested in the application of thesaurus construction techniques, linked open data, schemas for structured data and working collaboratively? If you answered “Yes” to one or more of those topics, then the ISKO UK event on Knowledge Organization in Learning and Teaching could be for you. It will be held on Wednesday, 7 October 2015, at the Institute of Education, 20 Bedford Way, London. The event runs from 13.30 (when Registration begins) until 17.30, and will be followed by networking, drinks and nibbles until 19.00.
We have a confirmed line up of speakers:
- Phil Barker (Heriot-Watt University and Cetis) talking about schema.org for enhancing the discovery of educational resources,
- Bryan Johnson (Institute of Education) presenting a case study of updating the IoE’s Thesaurus,
- Madi Solomon discussing the W3C Open Linked Education Community Group,
- Peter Winstanley (Scottish Government) discussing linked open data in careers information.
- There will be opportunities for questions, discussion and networking over nibbles afterwards.
- Registration for the event is open now via the ISKO UK event page for Knowledge Organization in Learning and Teaching.