The Consortium of Academic and Research Libraries, Ghana (CARLIGH) is pleased to announce that the 1st International Conference of the Consortium will be held in Accra, Ghana from 14-18 July 2014 as part of its 10th Anniversary celebrations.
Theme and Sub-Themes
The theme for the Conference is: “Innovation for access to information”.
The sub-themes for the Conference are:
- Library integration and resource sharing
- Technology driven information services – E-resources, Institutional Repository, Open Access
- The 21st Century Librarian – satisfying the needs of varied users
- Social media in libraries and information service delivery
- Impact of social media on socio-economic development
- Innovative library marketing and collaboration
The Governing Board of CARLIGH wishes to invite both local and foreign participants to register for the conference. Please send the following personal information: Name, Institution of Work, Designation, Country of Origin, Contact Address, Telephone and Email to: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
- Local participants: GH¢300
- Foreign participants: $250
The registration fee covers, snacks, lunches, a dinner and conference materials. The deadline for registration is 15th February, 2014. Registration is open to both those who want to present papers and other participants. Further information would be provided on how to pay the registration fees.
Information about accommodation would be provided in due course. The planning committee is still negotiating for conference rates.
Submission of Abstracts
The Consortium invites the submission of abstracts to be considered for papers to be presented at CARLIGH 2014. Abstract must be presented in bold; Arial 12, and a maximum of 150 words.
All abstracts and papers should be sent to the following addresses:
- Dr. Mrs. Helena Asamoah-Hassan, University Librarian, KNUST, Kumasi. Email: email@example.com
- Alhaji Ibrahim Kwabena Antwi, University Librarian, UDS, Tamale. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Submission of Full Papers
The final document is to be submitted by 31st March 2014 in MS Word format. Submissions received after 31st March 2014 will automatically be dropped from the programme.
Authors are responsible for the quality of their paper and are kindly requested to observe the following guidelines for the preparation and delivery of manuscripts. Use of English (UK) spell checker is recommended.