In the framework of the "OpenMinted" initiative, funded by H2020 (grant id 654021), Arvo Consultores has developed and implemented a new plugin for:
- "Forest Systems" and
- "Spanish Journal of Agricultural Research" journals of the Spanish National Institute of Agricultural Research and Technology and Food, managed in the electronic journal platform Open Journal Systems (OJS 2.4x).
The plugin allows the indexing of articles using the AGROVOC thesaurus, adapted to describe semantically enriched Dublin Core metadata and improve the visibility and discoverability of the AGROVOC terms. A first draft of harvesting the enriched records of these two journals via OAI-PMH, has been developed.
The source code has been released in a public software repository and is available to the entire OJS community that wish to implement it in its publications.
Related on AIMS:
- Discover AGROVOC and other Data Standards on the VEST / AgroPortal platform
- AgroTagger classifier. Leveraging the knowledge encoded in AGROVOC for AGRIS items
- AGRIS for Agricultural Information Data providers (recorded webinar, April 2018)
- AGRIS reaches 9,153,738 records (March 2018)
Agriculture, Knowledge Management and Smart Farming. Looking at Farming From a Knowledge Management Perspective with Vassilis Protonotarios (OntoText blog, 2018)