Working with a number of partners, design work on the Concept Server Workbench began in 2004 with the first production release coming in 2007. As the VocBench team nears release of v2, it is ever more interested in finding partners to broaden the community base and help ensure long-term sustainability. Please contact us if you are interested in becoming a part of the VocBench team.
- Artificial Intelligence Research Group at the University of Rome at Tor Vergata (ART). A medium-scale research group including faculty, associates and PhD students working on different fields of Artificial Intelligence. With a long-term research history in Natural Language Processing, main research streams of the group now range from Machine Learning to Knowledge Based Systems, Knowledge Engineering and Semantic Web.
- Malaysian Institute of Microelectronic Systems (MIMOS Berhad). A strategic agency under purview of the Malaysian Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovation (MOSTI) they were in 2012 declared an FAO Center of Excellence.
- Kasetsart University (Thailand). Promoting subjects related to agricultural sciences it is one of the founding developers of the Concept Server Workbench.
- International Crops Research Institute for the Semi-Arid-Tropics (ICRISAT). Founded in 1972 in India by a consortium of organizations convened by the Ford and the Rockefeller Foundations they have been a major driver of VocBench acceptance testing and a powerful voice of the user community.
- Prof. Dagobert Soergel professor emeritus at the University of Maryland, one of the original researchers to posit the need for AGROVOC as a concept scheme supported by a specialized management tool.
- Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations. Leading international efforts to defeat hunger and serving both developed and developing countries, FAO has led the development of VocBench from its inception as part of its knowledge management strategy.
Here below a list of partners adopting or concretely considering the adoption of VB2.0.