Ontologies & Terminologies
Semantic Interoperability, Annotation
Natural Language Processing
Text and Data Mining
To apply, please send an email to <email@example.com> (Clement Jonquet )
including links to (NO ATTACHED DOCUMENTS) the following:
A key aspect in addressing SEMANTIC INTEROPERABILITY is the use of TERMINOLOGIES, VOCABULARIES and ONTOLOGIES as a common denominator to structure data and make them interoperable.
(i) SIFR BioPortal which targets the French biomedical community and offers an ontology-based annotation workflow to semantically index text biomedical and clinical data;
(ii) AgroPortal - a reference repository for semantic resources in agronomy, agriculture, food, plant sciences and biodiversity.
These platforms allow us to tackle scientific problems in natural language processing, semantic annotation, ontology engineering, while being driven by concrete use cases with impacts in biomedicine and agronomy.
In the context of the ANR PractiKPharma and VisaTM projects, we are seeking a motivated, curious and interested research engineer and web developer to take hands on the platforms and prototypes developed.
Your role will be both to support the current platforms and investigate technical decisions to enable the development of new features in relation to text and data mining.
We are seeking a motivated, curious and interested research engineer candidate with a computer science or bioinformatics training (master/engineer or PhD).
Besides an important motivation for the technical challenges and excellent software development expertise, we are also looking for someone with some interest for the research topics presented.
The candidate will demonstrate aptitudes or matches with some of the following aspects:
- Web developer with good knowledge of JEE technologies, Ruby/Ruby On rails, Bootsrap.
- Experience with semantic web technologies, especially JSON/RDF/SPARQL.
- Experience with text and data mining software (knowledge extraction, use of ontologies, etc.)
- Between 1 and 5 years of experience. Including experience in private companies.
- Excellent technical skills to push prototypes into production environment.
- Excellent remote working capabilities (emails, trackers, collaborative tools, etc.)
- Perfect English oral and writing skills.
- Few knowledge with French language with objective to learn the language during the contract.
- Excellent writing skills as reports, documentation, and technical notes will always be necessary.
- International trips accepted (collaboration with Stanford) and possibility to get a visa for the USA. - Autonomy and initiative, take on technical decisions within the project and justify choices.
- Friendly person to join a small research team in Montpellier and to listen to their needs.
- Eventually interested in research valorisation of the outcomes (everything will be published).
- Open source developer.
For more information about this position, please contact Clement Jonquet <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
FOR MORE DETAILS, please, see http://www.lirmm.fr/~
SEMANTIC INTEROPERABILITY & Text Mining : Dive deeper :
- Discover AGROVOC and other Data Standards on the VEST / AgroPortal platform
- AgroPortal: a backbone for data integration and standardization in Agronomy
- AGROVOC and other community agreements for agrifood & related sectors
- Achievements, impact and strategy for AGROVOC’s future
- Use of the AGROVOC thesaurus as a common vocabulary in CGIAR Core Metadata Schema and Application Profile
- Introduction to Text and Data Mining: a free 6 hour online course (from FOSTER & OpenMinTeD projects)
- Recorded Webinar : Text & Data Mining in PoolParty Semantic Suite
- Text and data mining (TDM) in agri-food research
- SPAR Ontologies to enhance the scholarly articles with annotations about its structural and semantic characterisations
- DATA PUBLICATION ONLINE HELPDESK is ready to provide information support to DATA PUBLISHERS & CONSUMERS (questions that are posted to the Q&A service will be linked with a data standard and the list values of the data standards that could be linked with each question is connected with the online map of standards. For more information on the map of agri-food data standards, the full accompanying report is available on F1000)
And, thanks again for your interest !