In November 2018, Springer Nature and Wellcome Trust were partnering again to stage 'Better Science through Better Data 2018' conference attended by ~200 delegates.
This event covered a number of topics about the benefits, risks, challenges and practicalities of managing and publishing research data, with a particular focus on data skills, career progression, and good practice for sharing data alongside peer-reviewed publications.
(Image sourse: slides presented during the conference by M.Skipper)
If you are keen to learn more about Publishing Research Data and related themes, you can access, use, and share for free all conference outputs made available on FIGSHARE.
You might be also interested in taking a look at the post 'Benefits and risks to careers of practicing open research' published on SPRINGER NATURE, by C.Clare, 2019. This post won the 'Better Science Through Better Data' writing competition in 2018.
RDA ON SUPPORT OF RESEARCHES WORKING WITH DATA...
The continuing explosion of digital content (data revolution) within the global research landscape and the increased interest in sharing and curating research data has triggered the emergence of research data management (RDM). RDM has already earned recognition as an autonomous discipline and as a service area supporting researchers in different organizations worldwide.
Learn more about RDM from evidence-informed guidelines/outputs/recommendations developed by the Research Data Alliance (RDA). RDA provides a neutral space where its members can come together to develop and adopt infrastructure that promotes data-sharing and data-driven research.
Since 2013, the Interest Group on Agricultural Data (IGAD) has been one of the Research Data Alliance’s most prominent Thematic Groups working on issues related to producing, aggregating, managing, consuming global agriculture data, with the main objective to consolidate agriculture data interoperability and sharing of open and FAIR (findable, accessible, interoperable and reusable) data. You might be interested in taking a look at outcomes from the IGAD RDA's 12th and IGAD RDA's 11th pre-meetings that took part in Botswana/Gaborone (November 2018) and in Germany/Berlin (March 2018).
Register for free WEBINAR - HUNTING FOR EVIDENCE IN THE DATA LANDSCAPE, by Enhancement Themes, on 19 February 2019
- Research Data Alliance : Data Management Framework : What Makes It So Special?
- Data Foundation and Terminology Interest Group (DFT IG) of the Research Data Alliance (RDA)
- Data Management concepts and terms: discover Data Thesaurus
- IRIDIUM, the international research data management glossary
- Open Research Glossary (The Right Research Coalition)
- The project RADAR - Research Data Repository - has set up and established a research data infrastructure that facilitates research data management
- Data Discovery Paradigms: User Requirements and Recommendations for Data Repositories, by Wu et al., Data Science Journal, Research Data Alliance Results Special Collection, 18(1)
- Data Management and Data skills training with Data Carpentry and ELIXIR
- Machine-actionable Data Management Plans (maDMPs): Connecting the dots or...The Journey of a DMP
- Data Management Plan for projects at the University of Vienna. Recommended Repository: Phaidra (V2.0/customised for UNIVIE) (English): Version 2.0
Practical considerations and challenges for data providers : a case study regarding agricultural planning data at KTBL (Germany), Slides, 2018, by Martini
- FAIRsharing: working with and for the community to describe and link data standards, repositories and policies, by Sansone et al., in BioRxiv, Preprint (2018)
- The African Open Science Platform (AOSP): The Future of Open Science
- The Science, Technology & Innovation Strategy for Africa 2024 (STISA-2024). AOSP & AGORA (Access to Global Online Research in Agriculture) efforts in support of its implementation through facilitation of relevant data access
- AgBioData consortium recommendations for sustainable genomics and genetics databases for agriculture, by Harper et al., in Database, Volume 2018, 1 January 2018
- From the Top 10 FAIR Data Things Global Sprint. Take a look at dedicated GITHUB space
- Make FAIR your Datasets using Springer Nature RESEARCH DATA SUPPORT
- 10 marine Research Data Things: a Free self-paced Learning Program
- Take a free DATA TREE e-course in RESEARCH DATA MANAGEMENT
- License your Research Data with help of FACT SHEET on CREATIVE COMMONS & OPEN SCIENCE
- Free Open Science TRAINING e-courses (FOSTER)
- Key issues in reusing data (recorded webinar, UK Data Service)
- Discover DATA by TOPICS through The AFRICA INFORMATION HIGHWAY (AIH)
- Discover resources about data publishing and sharing made available on the dedicated page 'Open Data Management in Agriculture and Nutrition free GODAN Action Online Course'