Open Science is about increased rigour, accountability, reproducibility for research, and it is based on the principles of inclusion, fairness, equity, and sharing. Open Science as a goal: broad adoption of good scientific practices as a fundamental and essential part of the research process.
This MOOC - LIVE via Eliademy - is a free self-paced course for anyone interested. By enrolling for this course, you will be able to catch up with developments in Open Science across the world, and more.
The MOOC is designed as a mission-driven project started in early 2017, to help:
- make ‘Open’ the default setting for all global research;
- equip students and researchers with the skills they need to excel in a modern research environment;
- promote the efforts and resources of hundreds of researchers and practitioners who have all dedicated their time and experience to create a community platform to help propel research forward.
This course is certified upon completion.
- Introductory video for the Module 1: Open Principles and an Introduction to Open Science
- Introductory video for the Module 5: An introduction to Open Research Software and Open Source
All materials used for the production of this MOOC are freely available and openly licensed for re-use here: https://github.com/OpenScienceMOOC
For more updates check @OpenScienceMOOC on Twitter
The project team invites everybody to create, comment, contribute and share.
- Open Science Conference, 19-20 March 2019 (Barcamp Open Science, 18 March, 2019), Berlin, Germany
- 4th Open Science Meeting 2019. Transforming Land Systems for People and Nature, 24-26 April, 2019, Bern, Switzerland
- The OPEN SCIENCE Training Handbook on GitBooks
- Discover resources about open data management made available on the dedicated page 'Open Data Management in Agriculture and Nutrition free GODAN Action Online Course'
- Free Open Science TRAINING e-courses (FOSTER)
- Open Science by Design: Realizing a Vision for 21st Century Research (download free pdf book). National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine. 2018, Washington, DC: The National Academies Press
- South Africa-EU Open Science Dialogue Report (shared during the SFSA2018) is the outcome of work to put in place a SA Open Science Framework. Read more about the SA-EU Strategic Partnership Dialogue Facility - Dialogue Area: Science and Technology
- 10 marine Research Data Things: a Free self-paced Learning Program
- Take a free DATA TREE e-course in RESEARCH DATA MANAGEMENT
- Free e-lectures on Integrated Marine Observing System (IMOS) Marine DATA and SCIENCE
- Tanzania Open Data Portal and Four tailored E-learning modules to help clean, organise, publish and use data
- From the Top 10 FAIR Data Things Global Sprint. Take a look at dedicated GITHUB space
- Discover FREE online courses from LANDSCAPE ACADEMY
- Experience Capitalization for Continuous Learning free FAO E-LEARNING COURSE (in English, French, Russian)
- Learning, Advocating, Training: Push yourself and reach your potential with supportive FAO Capacity Development resources
- The African Open Science Platform (AOSP): The Future of Open Science
- The Science, Technology & Innovation Strategy for Africa 2024 (STISA-2024). AOSP & AGORA (Access to Global Online Research in Agriculture) efforts in support of its implementation through facilitation of relevant data access