This year the ICT4D Conference will take place in Nairobi, Kenya, Monday, May - 19, 2016. The Conference will bring together thought leaders and experienced professionals from around the world to share and explore ways of using ICT to help achieve the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Register now for the 2016 Conference!
NOTE: Register for the full conference to receive a 40% discount. Otherwise register for the days which you can attend. If you plan to attend at least three days, it is more economical to register for the full conference. To qualify for a 30% non-profit discount, you must e-mail proof of your non-profit status to firstname.lastname@example.org
This year the ICT4D Conference will take place in Nairobi, Kenya, Monday, May 16, 2016 at 7:00 AM - Thursday, May 19, 2016 at 5:00 PM.
The 2016 ICT4D Conference – which brings together a cross section of private and civil society organizations to engage with government agencies – will be focused on
- using Information and Communications Technology (ICT) to accelerate progress toward the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) building blocks identified in the SDG ICT Playbook: Power, Mobile Devices, Connectivity, Cloud Computing, Visualization and Analytics, Social Media, Digital Services, the Internet of Things, Smart Systems, and 3D Printing;
- Discussing benefits from cross-sector partnerships in addressing the 2030 Sustainable Development Agenda and Addis Ababa Action Agenda;
- Pointing on Government ICT strategies, their alignment with the SDGs, progress towards their implementation, and challenges and experiences to date;
- Analysis of the intersection between government ICT strategies and the goals and strategies of private sector businesses and civil society organizations operating in the same geographies
- Presenting the structure of cross-sector partnerships and business models for ICT solution delivery that have shown promising results.
The ICT4D Conference is subdivided into 12 sections:
|05- Disaster Relie||06- Environmental Protection||07- Livelihoods and Financial Inclusion
|08- Governance and Accountability|
During the second section on Monday, May 16, 14:45 - 15:30, Andre Laperriere - the Executive Director of the Global Open Data Initiative for Agriculture and Nutrition (GODAN) - will talk about “The Data Revolution: the path to global food security”.
This presentation will focus state of the art and challenges of (open) data in Agricultural and encourage collaboration and cooperation among existing agriculture and open data activities, without duplication, bringing together stakeholders to solve long-standing global problems with a priority toward improving global food security.
Log in to save this event to your list and see who's attending
(Source: The Global Food Security Index)
Target audience of the ICT4D Conference:
Executives, senior staff, and thought leaders from organizations committed to achieving the SDGs and interested in how ICT can enable the changes needed to do so.
Governmental organizations, local and international non-governmental organizations (NGOs), foundations, development banks, multi-lateral organizations, academic and research institutions, financial institutions, technology companies, and private sector businesses.
How to get involved the ICT4D Conference:
Speaking at the conference – Speakers of the ICT4D Conference are thought leaders, experts and global ambassadors in the use of technology for development who will share their ICT4D experience, showcase their work, stimulate discussion regarding implementation challenges and best practices, demonstrate their commitment to the strategic use of technology innovations to achieve the SDGs.
Sponsoring the conference – Each year, the ICT4D Conference attracts forward-looking sponsors who are shaping the future of development related work.
Exhibiting at the conference – As an exhibitor, you are able to showcase your services and products and share your experience with an engaged audience.
Entering the conference challenge/ Map Gallery – Put your creativity to work in developing digital solutions that improve people’s lives. Be recognized at the ICT4D Conference as a leading innovator.
Last but not least. Take advantage of your stay in Nairobi to visit the Kibera town centre!
For more information visit the 2016 ICT4D Conference site: www.ict4dconference.org
Have questions about 2016 ICT4D Conference? Contact 2016 Conference Organizers
Have something you'd like to post to AIMS community page?