The Regional Universities Forum for Capacity Building in Agriculture RUFORUM’s mandate is to oversee graduate training and networks of specialization in the countries and universities where it works.
The RUFORUM strongly believes in:
* fostering innovative and responsive research
RUFORUM's KNOWLEDGE REPOSITORY provides free access to the resources that make RUFORUM a leader in postgraduate training and research in the agricultural sciences in Africa.
All materials included in the RUFORUM's KNOWLEDGE REPOSITORY are either Open Access (#OpenAccess) or Open Educational Resources (#OER). They are free to download, distribute, and in the case of OER, to adapt for educational purposes. In this way, RUFORUM network output will be visible to the worldwide scientific community.
RUFORUM-FAO e-learning hub for African universities links to free FAO e-learning courses that cover a wealth of topics in the areas of food and nutrition security, social and economic development and sustainable management of natural resources. Browse the course Catalogue to learn about FAO's full range of courses.
On 26 October 2017, the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) and the RUFORUM signed a Memorandum of Understanding and committed to work together to strengthen the capacities of RUFORUM member universities to better contribute to food security and nutrition, increase sustainability of agricultural and food systems, reduce rural poverty and achieve the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) in Africa. In partnership, FAO and RUFORUM will carry out joint activities to increase African students’ and researchers’ access to FAO’s e-learning resources and scientific publications on food and agriculture ... Read the full-text version here.
Might also be of your interest
- Adoption of the H2020 Work Programme 2018-20
- Harnessing Research and Innovation for FOOD 2030
- 7 November : Join free Webinar on ‘Sharing Knowledge on Capacity Development (CD) for Agricultural Innovation Systems (AIS) through TAPipedia'
- “Sorghum in the 21st Century: Food, Feed and Fuel in a Rapidly Changing World” (Abstract Submission Deadlines : Oral Presentations Deadline – 30 November 2017; Poster Presentations Deadline – 31 January 2018)
- Recorded GFAR webinar : Metrics in Agriculture, Impact Measurement and Impact Tools
- AGRIS (International System for Agricultural Science and Technology) Advanced Search Possibilities
- Upcoming events in Agriculture for Development (ARD) - Africa (from October 2017 to October 2018)