The UNSSC Knowledge Centre for Sustainable Development is pleased to invite you to the UN Summer Academy 2017 titled "Localizing the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development" happening from 21 to 25 August 2017 in Bonn, Germany. Deadline for registration is on 7 August 2017.
Related: Submit your proposal by Friday 7 July 2017 to Interconnections Zone using this link. This event will be held during the 23rd Conference of the Parties to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change - Exploring Interconnections between Climate Change and Sustainable Development (COP 23, 6 - 17 November).
The 2017 edition of the Summer Academy will focus on ways to implement the 2030 Agenda and the Paris Agreement through panel discussions, workshops, excursions and practical clinics such as Share Fair and Application Labs (App Labs).
At the end of the 5-day programme, participants will:
- Have deepened their knowledge of the core substance and processes related to the 2030 Agenda, the Paris Agreement as well as the Financing for Development process.
- Have an increased awareness of the specific roles of different development partners as well as related cooperation opportunities.
- Have had a first-hand exposure to good practices in the area of sustainable development programming and implementation.
- Have gained knowledge and skills on building substantive and sustainable partnerships and enhancing their networks.
Participants will have ample opportunities to listen to renowned speakers, engage in workshops and interactive sessions and network among each other. Highlights of the Summer Academy include an excursion and other exciting opportunities to discover Bonn and its region from a sustainability perspective.
An exclusive access to our online learning platform with training and supporting background materials, and the opportunity to stay connected with colleagues is also included in the event package which allows participants to have unlimited access to resources and contacts.
For more information and to register, please visit http://bit.ly/UNSA2017. Slots are limited. Deadline for registration is on 7 August 2017.
Should you have questions, please email [email protected]. Source: UN System Staff College
The German Development Institute/Deutsches Institut für Entwicklungspolitik (DIE) invites proposals for sideevents at the
Interconnections Zone during the 23rd Conference of the Parties to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change - - Exploring Interconnections between Climate Change and Sustainable Development (COP 23, 6 - 17 November). Please submit your proposal by Friday 7 July 2017 using this link.
As a transdisciplinary space, it welcomes civil society, researchers, policy-makers and other stakeholders to explore interconnections, and possible synergies, between climate change and sustainable development. The Interconnections Zone will be accessible to participants with and without COP23 accreditation. We invite proposals for side events addressing one or more of the following thematic areas:
- Climate and Sustainable Development - Synergies and Trade-offs
- Strengthening (Transnational) Climate and Sustainability Action in Developing Countries
- Linking NDC and SDG implementation
- Climate Justice and Equity
- Governance and Institutions for Sustainable Development and Climate Action
- Handling Climate Risks, and Loss and Damage
- Bolstering Climate and Sustainable Development Finance
- Realizing the Green Economy and Exploring Linkages between Climate and Trade
- Powering the Future: Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency for Sustainable Development
- Sustainable and Climate Compatible Land-Use and Forestry
- Sustainable and Climate Resilient Cities and Regions
- Water, Development and Climate Change
Successful side event proposals must meet the following minimal conditions:
- The proposed event must address climate change and aspects of sustainable development
- The proposed side event must be transdisciplinary, engaging speakers/panellists from different communities, for instance from research, civil society, activist communities, policy, business and investor communities.
- The applicant can viably take full responsibility for organizing and programming of their side-event
- The applicant is fully responsible for (e.g. travel and accommodation) costs made for their side-event.
- The applicant must be willing to collaborate with, and communicate to, the German Development Institute/Deutsches Institut für Entwicklungspolitik (DIE) on the programming of their side-event.
Please submit your proposal by Friday 7 July 2017 using this link.
- Early August 2017 Notification of decisions
- Early September 2017
- Final Programming 6-17 November 2017 Interconnections Zone
For more information, please write to [email protected]