GODAN is currently looking for an experienced M&E and Research Coordinator to join the GODAN Team. The post will be based in Montreal, Canada, with significant opportunity for travel.
The post holder would be coordinating activity and work on behalf of GODAN across the African continent. Interested AIMS CoP Members are encouraged to apply.
Excerpts from the Position Description
About the M& E Research Coordinator
Global Open Data for Agriculture and Nutrition (GODAN) is an International NGO composed of over 900 partner organisations from more than 115 countries across the globe.
GODAN was conceived in 2013, where G7 leaders committed to the creation of a mechanism designed to promote the use of open data to stimulate knowledge and innovation in agriculture and nutrition. This led to the constitution of GODAN.
The UK Department for International Development (DfID), as an up-and-coming leader in the use of digital technologies in agricultural production and food security, has recently launched the new eDIAL (Enhancing Digital and Innovation for Agri-food systems and Livelihoods) programme.
GODAN has won a substantial grant to focus on impact as a central part of eDIAL. In this context, the M&E and Research Coordinator will play a senior role in ensuring the sound and efficient implementation, documentation and reporting of GODAN programme activities.
This new role offers an exciting opportunity for a candidate with experience managing international development activities. The post is ideal for a candidate with extensive experience managing, monitoring and evaluating projects on behalf of large, institutional donors.
The post holder will ensure technical excellence in data management, research and donor reporting across all DfID funded GODAN programmes.
Under the direction of the Executive Director, the successful candidate will build and maintain collaborative working relationships with key DfID staff in both the central London headquarters and regional Africa offices, as well as with other strategic partners in the implementation of the GODAN programmes.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead GODAN Secretariat’s donor reporting, focusing on strategy, programme implementation, deadlines and organisational methodologies.
- Ensure technical oversight on all monitoring and evaluative functions, and maintain compliance.
- Work with GODAN partners to ensure development of strong data collection (to Data Quality Standards); develop and maintain M&E processes.
- Produce, support and coordinate high quality, evidence-based research done on behalf of GODAN.
- Empower a culture of learning and innovation at all levels, including identifying crossprogramme synergies and opportunities for learning and collaboration with DFID and other donors.
- Represent GODAN in donor/partner meetings as required
For more information browse the full Position Description here
This information is shared to the AIMS Community of Practice for information purposes, interested candidates must contact GODAN directly.