Identity in research infrastructure and scientific communication (IRISC 2011)
IRISC2011 will bring together representatives from communities of identity experts, users, publishers, funders and other stakeholders under two main interrelated themes:
- identifying & attributing authors/creators of scholarly works, with a focus on ORCID
- identification for access management/security purposes, i.e. authentication & authorization with a focus on on federated identity management.
Specific workshop aims include:
- Raising overall awareness of key technical and non-technical challenges, opportunities and developments
- Facilitating a dialogue, cross-pollination of ideas, collaboration and coordination between diverse - and largely unconnected - communities
- Identifying & discussing existing/emerging technologies, best practices and requirements for researcher identification