Invitation to an informal “AgriDrupal” meeting in the context of the IAALD Congress in Montpellier
Over the last few years there have been quite a few developments around the opensource CMS “Drupal”.
Drupal itself has had a boost through venture capital and by being taken up by implementers like the “Economist” and “Whitehouse.gov”.
In our community, there are more and more implementers of Drupal solutions:
- Cornell libraries have been working for years with Drupal, also linking it with their VIVO system;
- Drupal plays a role in the “Rangeland West” project aiming at providing global access to rangeland information;
- AgroPedia Indica is based on Drupal and the websites of ICAR agricultural faculties are moving to Drupal;
- At least 3 CG Centers are porting their websites to Drupal;
- Sun Yat Sen University in Guangzhou is working on the integration of ontologies into Drupal;
- Our team in FAO has ported the AIMS website and community to Drupal and is working on various specialized applications to use Drupal also for repository management;
- Condesan has developed websites in Drupal.
This is only an incomplete list. We would be happy to get more information also from others.
We think that we should create a community that exchanges solutions. Many of the tasks, methodologies and standards that all of us want to integrate into Drupal are the same. If we collaborate, we can enhance our productivity.
We have given the “AgriDrupal” title to this collaborative effort, but we look forward to your feedback on this and your suggestions on the way forward.
We take the opportunity of the IAALD Congress in Montpellier to convene a first informal meeting of this community and all those interested are invited to participate.
The meeting will take place in the library rooms at "SupAgro" in Montpellier on Sunday April 25th from 3 pm to 6 pm.
Adam Sanchez (Condesan)
Valeria Pesce (GFAR)
Imma Subirats (FAO)
Johannes Keizer (FAO)
John Fereira (Cornell)
Update: attached is a draft information sheet to be used / discussed at the meeting.
Comments are welcome!
|AgriDrupal info sheet||117 KB|