The taxonomy lists terms that are most important to Information Technology (IT) Organizations, IT Professionals, and Knowledge Management Professionals who support or provide services to enterprises.
- Includes approximately 1,000 KM Categories,
- Aligns directly with Enterprise Service Types/Categories,
- Doubles as a controlled vocabulary,
- Can be used to identify and prioritize key areas of enterprise knowledge,
- Can be used as a baseline template for measuring and assessing different types of knowledge maturity & completeness, and
- Is constantly reviewed, improved and grows as new categories are defined.