The International Association of Agricultural Information Specialists (IAALD) Africa Chapter and the Information Training and Outreach Centre for Africa (ITOCA) invite proposals for Papers and Workshops/seminars to be presented/organized at the 4th IAALD Africa Conference in Pretoria, South Africa, 30th May – 1st June 2018. Please find below all necessary information.
PROPOSALS FOR PAPERS
Papers should reflect and explore the conference theme - “Agricultural Innovations, Information and Knowledge: Catalyzing the Attainment of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and the African Union Agenda 2063” and address any of the sub-themes.
Proposals for PAPERS should be sent to
PROPOSALS FOR WORKSHOPS
Capacity development is a major component of the IAALD Africa Conference which invites proposals for interactive workshops intended to convey knowledge or skills to agricultural information professionals in areas relating to the sub-themes of the conference.
Workshops can be organized as 2/3-day pre- conference events (27th-29th May) or half-day event (31st May).
Proposals for WORKSHOPS should be sent to
* The Conference has the folloiwng sub-themes:
Knowledge Generation, Management and Sharing
- Documenting experiences, lessons learned & good practices and sharing agricultural knowledge;
- Agricultural innovations systems and advisory services targeting small-holder farmers and rural communities;
- National and institutional initiatives and frameworks for agricultural knowledge sharing;
- Capacity development for agricultural knowledge generation, management and sharing.
Women, Youth and Agriculture
- Engaging and empowering women and youth in agriculture and rural development;
- Rural transformation, agribusiness, entrepreneurship and women and youth;
- Capacity development for women and youth in agriculture.
Open Data and Open Science
- Open data standards and software platforms;
- Regional, national and institutional open data and open science initiatives and frameworks in agriculture;
- Regional and national multi-stakeholder processes/platforms/forums for open data and open science in agriculture;
- Entrepreneur opportunities in open data and open science;
- Capacity development for open data and open science in agriculture.
ICT and Agriculture
- ICT adoption and use by smallholder farmers (especially women and youth) and rural communities;
- ICT applications in agriculture and rural development including Apps, services, etc. targeting smallholder farmers and rural communities;
- Unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) (drones) in agriculture and rural development – applications and services, cases, challenges, policies, research, etc.;
- Social media in agriculture and rural development;
- Capacity development for ICT in agriculture and rural development, especially for women and youth.
If you are interested in presenting a paper or organizing a capcity development related event, download the Call for Papers and Workshop Proposals.
Source: IAALD Africa Chapter