Did you know that you can now use a country-specific search in Summon that will help you find only accessible full-texts? Try the country-specific search when looking for research material in five Research4Life programmes!
Empowered full-text search using Summon Country-specific instances
Any institution (and its members) from Research4Life eligible countries, areas, territories(*) whose country is also listed in Summon Country-specific instances, can now have more accurate search options to find and retrieve full-text from all five Research4Life programmes!
All country-specific entities added to the Summon Country-Specific List are extremely useful for users from Research4Life eligible countries with several exclusions (see Group B: low-cost access countries). This means that the country-specific search via Summon is a great way to ensure that all resources found on the platforms via Summon are accessible now to the user and that the search for research articles is not delayed by inaccessible contents.
Similar to Google, Summon generally isn't restricted to searching just the metadata or the bibliographic record and searches through full-text of most journal articles and many books - if these are available or provided.
Summon webinar "Two Sides of the Content Coin: How the Summon Index and 360 Knowledgebase Enable Discovery and Access" recording is available to be viewed as either a YouTube video or through a WebEx recording. It’s also accessible on the webinar program page
… a public-private partnership of the FAO of the United Nations, WHO, UNEP, WIPO, ILO, Cornell and Yale Universities, the International Association of Scientific, Technical & Medical Publishers and up to 175 international publishers. The goal of Research4Life is to reduce the knowledge gap between high-income countries and low and middle-income countries by providing affordable access to crucial scientific research. Research4Life includes five programmes, namely:
- AGORA (Access to Global Online Research in Agriculture)
- HINARI (Access to Research for Health programme)
- OARE (Online access to research on the Environment)
- GOALI (Global Online Access to Legal Information)
- ARDI (Access to Research for Development & Innovation)
The concept of Research4Life is to provide access to research in health, agriculture, environment, law, development & innovation. Research4Life empowers researchers in developing countries and supports them to base their work on the most recent, high quality and relevant scientific knowledge.
Thanks to the AGORA programme, researchers from more than 8,700 institutions in more than 115 low and middle-income Research4Life eligible countries have been provided with access to the highest quality online peer-reviewed journals and e- books, in agriculture and related sciences.
Contents of the five Research4Life programmes can be reached via a joint Research4Life launch page.
* Research4Life eligibility criteria: For institutions based in Group A countries, access through Research4Life is free of charge. For institutions based in Group B countries, access through Research4Life is available for USD 1,500 per institution per calendar year (from January to December). Institutions based in Group B countries may benefit from a six-month free trial period (more details are provided by WIPO : World Intellectual Property Organisation)
to access/use the content of AGORA, HINARI, ARDI, OARE and GOALI programmes!
Be careful selecting the CORRECT COUNTRY, AREA/TERRITORY NAME. If it is not listed, it is not eligible.
Research4Life is a partnership that functions entirely on the basis of good will. If you have resources that could add value to the development of the Research4Life initiative, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org. For updates, follow @R4LPartnership on Twitter
For more information about AGORA:
- Contact AGORA at: email@example.com
- Join (for free) AGORA DGroup
- Folow @AGORA_R4L on Twitter to stay updated about AGORA
- Research4Life : Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- AGORA: Frequently Asked Questions (from the AGORA Alumni Webinar series, December 2018)
- Using the Research4Life portals (short video)
- Research4Life User Experiences from Global South. Get Inspired & Motivated & Share Your Story!
- Two decades on, a research access program continues to thrive: Research4Life partners have renewed their commitment through 2025 and created a new Rule of Law program
- AGORA (Access to Global Online Research in Agriculture) now with 46 New Subject Categories!
- From the AGRIS & AGORA Workshop in Malawi on enhancing accessibility and visibility of scientific publications in sub-Saharan Africa
- AGORA: Fundamentals of Information Literacy and Access to Global Online Research in Agriculture FREE ONLINE COURSE
- Research4Life TRAINING Materials : Be an advocate for the quality research in agriculture, health, environment, law, development and innovation
- Research4Life Capacity Development & other Highlights in Research4Life Newsletter (October 2018)
- You can search and view all open access content on JSTOR for free, without a login. There are more than 4,700 ebooks and 45 journals available
- Want to take WIPO's General e-Course on Intellectual Property? Enrol here – it’s free of charge