Second set of RDA vocabularies published as linked open data
A second set of RDA (Resource Description and Access) vocabulary terms is published as linked open data. All the published RDA vocabularies can be viewed in the Open Metadata Registry(OMR). This was announced by the Joint Steering Committee for Development of RDA, the DCMI Bibliographic Metadata Task Groupand ALA Publishing (on behalf of the co-publishers of RDA).
Published RDA vocabularies
The following RDA vocabularies have been reviewed, approved and published in OMR:
- Carrier Type. The means and methods by which content is conveyed including volume, sheet, computer disk.
- Content Type. The intellectual or artistic content of a resource, such as text or notated music.
- Media Type. The general type of intermediation device (if any) required to view, play or run the content of a resource.
The links lead to the description of the vocabulary itself, the specific terms can be viewed under the tab for ‘concepts’. These vocabularies are derived from the RDA/ONIX framework for resource categorization which established an extensible methodology for categorization of resources according to content and carrier.
- the OMR can be conveyed using the ‘Feedback’ link on each Registry page;
- the review process or the content of specific vocabularies may be addressed to the Chair of the JSC, Barbara Tillett;
- the encoding of the vocabularies or on the Open Metadata Registry may be addressed to Diane Hillmannor Gordon Dunsire.
Those interested in following the work of review and publication of the vocabularies can subscribe to the Registry RSS feeds linked from that page.