22 March : Join free Webinar on Dgroups: Building Effective online Communities in Your Organization
Have you ever looked for an easy solution to create networks and communities of practice within your organization?
Would you like a simple, non-commercial tool, respectful of privacy for team discussions?, - In need of a knowledge exchange solution that is compatible with low bandwidth users in the South?
Then, Dgroups can offer you the perfect solution !
Dgroup is a longstanding successful development initiative that:
- Promotes dialogue supported by over 20 organizations;
- Currently engages over 290,000 people in all countries and territories of the world;
- Offers an easy to use e-mail tool and an online platform for small or large groups that benefit from networks and discussions.
Join us for a webinar on Dgroups !
22nd of March 2018
at 4 PM Central European Time (Time Converter)
We will contact you with more details on how to connect
By joining this webinar, you will be able to:
- Listen to the successful experiences from FAO, CTA, and HIFA, - three organizations that are active users of Dgroups;
- Ask our experts the questions you might have.
Suzanne Phillips from FAO ...
... will share her experience using a Dgroup to connect a global community of FAO Farmer Field School practitioners all over the world.
Giacomo Rambaldi from CTA ...
... will talk about the Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAV) for Agriculture Dgroups - and how it has been instrumental to carry out a mapping of existing and forthcoming policies, laws and regulations governing the use of UAVs.
Neil Pakenham-Walsh from HIFA ...
... will present how Dgroups is being used by the HIFA forums. These groups bring together more than 15,000 people from 175 countries to explore ways to improve the availability and use of health information in low- and middle-income countries. Dgroups is the platform enabling the conversation and dialogue on the HIFA forums.
For any further questions please contact: [email protected]
How to join Dgroups. NOTE: with DGroups you can create sub-communities for more focused discussions of themes, so these sub communities can discuss their on their own, then share with the larger 'mother' community, the synthesis of their discussions. However, at any time, a user can choose to send their message to a sub-community or to all members of the mother community (you automatically become a member of the mother community if you join a sub-community).
Building Electronic Communities and Networks (FAO free e-course)
- Sustainable Horticulture production Dgroups. Join us !
- Resources for facilitating online communities (this resource page curated by online communities’ guru Nancy White)
- This case study describes why RWSN has chosen to use Dgroups as their main tool for communicating with partners and clients all over the world
- Continued resources for moderating online communities