Collect Earth Online (CEO) next generation tool allows anyone to track land-use data and landscape changes anywhere
In December 2018, FAO launched a new open-access tool 'Collect Earth Online (CEO)' that allows anyone to track land-use and landscape changes anywhere.
CEO is now available through FAO's Open Foris platform - a set of free and open-source software tools that facilitate flexible and efficient data collection, analysis and reporting.
CEO tool amplifies the power of FAO's Open Foris Collect Earth tool, thus further strengthening the comprehensive measuring, monitoring and reporting on forests and Land use with the help of high-resolution satellite imagery.
The CEO tool is developed by US National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) and the UN's Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO), with support from the Google Earth Engine Team and the US Government's SilvaCarbon Program.
A web-, and satellite-imagery-based, free of charge, and open to all Collect Earth Online (CEO) crowd-sourcing platform:
- OpenForis : Free Open-Source Solutions for Environmental Monitoring
- The Africa Regional Data Cube is a new tool that harnesses the latest Earth observation and satellite technology to help Kenya, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Ghana, and Tanzania address food security as well as issues relating to agriculture, deforestation, and water access
- Advancing the use of Earth Observation Data for critical issues relating to Land, Climate, Food and Nutrition in AFRICA
- Driving Financial Inclusion for Smallholder Farmers by Leveraging Satellite Data and Machine Learning (recorded webinar)
- GEOGLAM : Improving the use of Earth Observations for Agricultural Monitoring (recorded GODAN/CTA Webinar)
- Find the DATA You need ... more easily with Google Dataset Search!
- Open Data Cube (ODC): an open source project to better manage Satellite Data
- FAO Mobile phone App to monitor & combat Fall Armyworm
- SoilMapp for iPad: soil information at your fingertips
- Crop pest control with eLocust3: recording and transmission of geo-referenced data
- FAO GeoNetwork: free access to spatial datasets and related interactive digital maps
- Open Source Geospatial Foundation (OSGeo) is a not-for-profit organization whose mission is to foster global adoption of open geospatial technology by being an inclusive software foundation devoted to an open philosophy and participatory community driven development
- About The Global Nutrition Report and Open Data (recorded GODAN Action Webinar)
- DATA-DRIVEN AGRICULTURE (Recorded Webinars; GFAR / CTA / GODAN)
- Geographic Information System (GIS) teachers guide
- Welcome to Open Data Management in Agriculture and Nutrition Online Course
- FAIR PRINCIPLES TO ALL ELEMENTS OF AGRICULTURAL-RELATED RESEARCH PROCESSES (IGAD RDA's 11th pre-meeting, March 2018, in Germany/Berlin)
- DATA COLLECTION IN AFRICA: STATE OF THE ART, CHALLENGES & SOLUTIONS (IGAD RDA's 12th pre-meeting, November 2018, in Africa/Botswana)