Get your free copy of Research Data Management Toolkit !
Research data is the new currency of the digital age. From sonnets to statistics, and genes to geodata, the amount of material being created and stored is growing exponentially. This deluge of data presents many challenges in areas such as policy and skills development, training, costs and governance. To help address these issues, on 4 April 2017, LEARN presented the final draft of its Toolkit of Best Practice for Research Data Management.
Download Your Copy for free!
- 23 Best-Practice Case Studies from institutions around the world, drawn from issues in the original LERU Roadmap;
- 8 Main Sections, on topics such as Policy and Leadership, Open Data, Advocacy and Costs;
- One Model RDM Policy, produced by the University of Vienna and accompanied by guidance and an overview of 20 RDMpolicies across Europe;
- An Executive Briefing in six languages, aimed at senior institutional decision makers.
Freely available to download, this RDM Toolkit is an invaluable resource for anyone helping their institution to better manage research data. If you would like a printed copy of the Toolkit, join us at our Final Conference on 5 May in London. All delegates will receive a copy, in addition to learning more about key research data issues from our speakers and workshops.
As the Toolkit is a deliverable for the European Commission (EC), it may be slightly revised following comments from the EC.
LEARN will publish any updated versions on the LEARN website.
If you have comments on the Toolkit, LEARN team would love to hear them. Please contact LEARN with your feedback.
Source: RESEARCH DATA MANAGEMENT TOOLKIT: NOW AVAILABLE (LEARN project)
- LEARN QUICK GUIDE: STARTING A DIALOGUE BETWEEN FUNDERS AND Research Performing Institutions (RPIs)
- LEARN Executive Briefing (in 6 languages!) highlights explains how institutions can best deal with the data deluge
- RDA - IG Domain Repositories RDA 9th Plenary meeting
- Research Data Management : Training Materials
- Data Management Plans (maDMPs)