Presentations available for IGAD Meeting during RDA 14th Plenary!
The 14th Agricultural Data Interest Group (IGAD), that focused on IGAD/RDA Recommendations: Implementing Good Practices in Agriculture, took place in Helsinki on 22 October.
One of IGAD’s main roles is to serve as a platform that leads to the creation of domain-specific Working Groups. To date, successful Working Groups (WGs) have been formed under IGAD, these are: Wheat Data Interoperability, Rice Data Interoperability, AgriSemantics and Capacity Development for Agricultural Data WGs. The groups play a key role in delivering RDA recommendations and good practices with regard to Agricultural Data Interoperability.
Those of you who missed the Meeting will be happy to know that we have published on the Open Access Publishing Platform, F1000 Research, the presentations held at IGAD this year.
- Chinese agricultural thesaurus and its application on data Sharing & interoperability. Xuefu Zhang, Guojian Xian , Jingchao Fan , Yuantao Kou
- COPO: Extending the frontiers of “FAIR” data in agriculture. Rob Davey, Anthony Etuk, Felix Shaw
- Towards FAIR food systems Data: fostering implementation. Ben Schaap, Sophie Aubin
- The global long-term agriculture experiments network metadata platform. Richard Ostler
- The Agrisemantics recommendations to improve data interoperability in agriculture. Caterina Caracciolo, Sophie Aubin , Brandon Whitehead
- Grassroots: An infrastructure for sharing services & data. Xingdong Bian, Simon Tyrrell, Robert P. Davey
- Mobilizing Capacity Development for Bridging the Digital Divide in Agriculture. Foteini Zampati, Suchith Anand
- Enabling data access to support innovation in decision agriculture related to soil health, agronomy and fertilizer. Pauline L'Hénaff, Kathryn Reynolds
- The update of Japanese agriculture ontologies – crop vocabulary (CVO). Sungmin Joo , Hideaki Takeda, Akane Takezaki, Tomokazu Yoshida
- Intelligent plant data linkage: a view from history, philosophy and social studies of science. Sabina Leonelli
- Developing best practice principles for Ag Data: Australian case study. Leanne Wiseman, Jay Sanderson
- Improving agricultural data management practices: raising the bar together. Cynthia Parr
- GODAN Action. Pauline L'Hénaff
- How Agriculture DWG of OGC and IGAD RDA can cooperate on Agriculture Interoperability. Karel Charvat