We are pleased to invite you to attend an upcoming Webinar on AGRIS for Agricultural Information Data providers!
This Webinar is co-organized by the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO of the UN) together with Information Training & Outreach Centre for Africa (ITOCA)
|DATE:||Friday, 6 April 2018|
|TIME:||14:00 Hrs SAST (South Africa Time to Local Time Conversion)|
|TARGET AUDIENCE:||The webinar is open to Existing and Potential Agriculture Information Data Providers in Africa|
FILL IN THIS FORM
This webinar will introduce AGRIS (the International System for Agricultural Science and Technology), a global public domain database with more than 9 million structured bibliographical records on agricultural science and technology.
AGRIS covers the wide range of subjects related to agriculture science and technology, including forestry, animal husbandry, aquatic sciences and fisheries, human nutrition, and extension.
Its content includes theses, conference papers, government publications, unique grey literature such as unpublished scientific and technical reports, etc.
Since 1975, AGRIS is maintained by the FAO to serve users from developed and developing countries through facilitating access to available knowledge in agriculture, science and technology.
In a move to enhance the content emanating from Africa, AGRIS is inviting existing and potential agricultural Data Providers to attend this webinar and learn more about AGRIS and the benefits of participating in AGRIS.
FOLLOWING TOPICS WILL BE COVERED :
- What is AGRIS?
- What type of content is acceptable in AGRIS?
- What are the benefits of contributing content to AGRIS?
- What type of files and fields should be included when submitting content to AGRIS?
- Copyright of documents donated to AGRIS (who owns the copyright)
- Visibility, linkages (such as Google Scholar)
- Statistics and impact of AGRIS
Mercy is an experienced library and information science specialist. She holds a Bachelor of Arts Honors in Information Sciences from UNISA and is a final year MSc in Information Science with the same institution. Mercy has worked on a number of ITOCA Projects including the TEEAL project, TAE Project, Research4life project, and CEPD project.
- Apply by 1 April 2018 : e-Learning course on Open Data Management in Agriculture and Nutrition
- AGRIS Advanced Search Possibilities (Part 1)
- AGRIS Advanced Possibilities (Part 2)
- AGRIS content coverage: facilitating access to global agricultural literature
- AgroTagger classifier. Leveraging the knowledge encoded in AGROVOC for AGRIS items
Celli F, Malapela T, Wegner K et al. AGRIS: providing access to agricultural research data exploiting open data on the web [version 1; referees: 2 approved]. F1000Research 2015, 4:110 (doi: 10.12688/f1000research.6354.1)
- Join AGRIS DGroup
- Discover FAO-AGROVOC and other Data Standards on the VEST / AgroPortal platform
- FAO - AGRIS (International Information System for the Agricultural Science and Technology) reaches 9,153,738 records (March 2018)