AGROVOC is a controlled vocabulary covering all areas of interest of the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) of the United Nations, including food, nutrition, agriculture, fisheries, forestry, environment etc. It is published by FAO and edited by a community of experts.
AGROVOC consists of over 34,000 concepts available in 29 languages (take a look at AGROVOC in SKOSMOS).
You can use AGROVOC to look up the common name of a plant in a language that you do not master, or to find relations between a commodity and the crop from which it is produced. Your library can use AGROVOC to index its documents, or you can use it from inside your content management system (e.g., Drupal) to organize your documents or web site. You can also use AGROVOC as an hub to access many other vocabularies available on the web.
To date, AGROVOC is used by researchers, librarians and information managers for indexing, retrieving and organizing data in agricultural information systems and Web pages. Currently, AGROVOC is an SKOS-XL concept scheme, and a Linked Open Data (LOD*) set edited by VocBench tool.
Note that the version of AGROVOC loaded in SKOSMOS (http://artemide.art.uniroma2.it:8081/agrovoc/agrovoc/en/) is always the latest release of AGROVOC LOD. If you would like all the data loaded in SKOSMOS (regarding AGROVOC) you can simply download the latest AGROVOC LOD from https://aims-fao.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/AGV/pages/2949126/Releases. In SKOSMOS it is possible to download all the data associated to a specific concept, by first select the desired concept and then click on the wanted format near "Download this concept:"
- Search terms or browse hierarchies online (make sure that the port 8081 is open!)
- AGROVOC releases : Download in RDF (CORE or LOD). CORE includes AGROVOC concepts (RDF and NT format), and Linked Open Data (LOD) includes AGROVOC concepts + links to outside resources (NT and NQ format). As LOD concepts, AGROVOC URIs resolve for both machines and humans.
- AGROVOC SPARQL endpoint
- AGROVOC Web services
- Browse the Sandbox version of VocBench (VocBench URL is http://artemide.art.uniroma2.it/vocbench2Agrovoc/. When you log in, you would select agrovoc-test (for the sandbox)].
- Suggest new terms
- Editorial guidelines (English content)
- AGROVOC : Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)