The Ocean Teacher Global Academy is pleased to invite applicants to the following Training Course which is open between 9 September – 11 October 2015- Marine Biogeographic Data Management (contributing and using OBIS), to be held in Ostend, Belgium, between 30 November – 4 December 2015.
Potential interested candidates should submit the following documents:
- OTGA Application Form - OBIS
- Short CV (max 3 pages)
- Endorsement letter (from employer or host organisation, in case of asking for sponsorship)
- copy of passport's first page
Both full- and co-sponsoring are available for a limited number of participants. Sponsored participants will receive one or a combination of the following cost items: 1) air ticket, 2) living and accommodation support, 3) tuition fee and 4) medical insurance.
The selection of participants who will be sponsored will take into consideration:
- Applicant country’s development status (preference will be given to LIFDCs)
- Endorsement of the candidate’s application by his/her employer and any co-sponsoring
- Expected impact of the training for the applicants’ institution
- Possibility of any co-sponsorship (co-sponsorship is an asset for selection)
UNESCO is committed to promote gender equality. Therefore applications from women are strongly encouraged. Complete applications should be sent by e-mail directly to the OceanTeacher Global Academy Training Coordinator (Claudia Delgado: firstname.lastname@example.org) and the OBIS Project Manager (Ward Appeltans: email@example.com). We underline that the deadline for applications is 11 October 2015.
More information visit http://www.oceanteacher.org/