EUFIC - The European Food Information Council, is a non-profit organisation, established in 1995, which stands up for science-based information on food and health. EUFIC mission is to offer accessible, appealing and actionable science based information on food and health to inspire and empower people to make better decisions about diet and lifestyle.
EUFIC believes in a world where people choose to live healthily because they know how to.
To that end ...
EUFIC covers a wide range of topics on nutrition, lifestyle and health, food safety, food quality, legislation, and food risk communication.
EUFIC Team collaborates with a broad network of academics, national and international organisations, businesses and professionals in food and health. Moreover, EUFIC is active in European Commission funded research where EUFIC contributes as research and dissemination partner. Read more on how EUFIC collaborates to achieve more.
EUFIC information is based on research evidence supported by the wider scientific community. EUFIC works with permanent Scientific Advisory and Editorial Boards (that review EUFIC's information materials to ensure they are relevant, factually correct and represent the views of the broader scientific community), as well as with independent experts on specific projects, who advise on the scientific direction and ensure the accuracy and impartiality of EUFIC's work.
"Time to get educated" : EUFIC explains some scientific concepts : ...
- Hazard vs. risk (Infographic)
- Correlation vs. causation (Infographic)
- Absolute vs. relative risk (Infographic)
- The strength of scientific evidence (Infographic)
EUFIC is expanding knowledge and collaboration ...
"Researchers, in their quest to learn, may take different directions of exploration ...
- Do you know what is the difference between ‘use-by’ and ‘best before’ dates? These terms are defined by the European regulation on provision of food information to consumers.
- What are the challenges of communicating food risk?
- Are you aware of a Global Update on Nutrition Labelling (the provision of information about the nutritional content of individual food products) ?
... the facts uncovered may be only part of a larger, partially understood phenomenon, which requires further research before we come to more complete answers".
- Did you know that EUFIC has joined FAO's SAVE FOOD – The Global Initiative on Food Loss and Waste Reduction – which is based on the concept of PARTNERSHIP and COLLABORATION?
EUFIC will increase awareness, and provide accessible, appealing and actionable information to help reduce food waste.
- Have you heard about opportunities for nanotechnology in food and feed?
- Have you already accessed services developed under the RICHFIELDS (EU funded) project that aims to design the technical requirements for a consumer-data platform to collect and connect, compare and share information about our food behaviours?
- Did you know that the OLEUM (EU funded) project is going to develop databank - an online integrated quality assurance database of olive oil analytical methods and data related to chemical and organoleptic characteristics (e.g. related to the sensory experience such as taste, odour, texture)?
For more information contact EUFIC Team.
Last, but by no means least ...
This video will change the way you see food. ZeroHunger starts with you !