The ever increasing amount of open data and linked data raises ques5ons concerning its access in a multlingual context. Due to the diversity of the collections, of the institutons that manage them, of the public that has access to them and of the technologies currently available, it is necessary to rethink the notons of thesaurus and terminology, as well as the ways to manage and access these collections. Some of the topics that will be covered by the TOTh 2014 Workshop include (this list is not exhaustive):
- Principles, Theories and Methods: Thesauri, Terminology, Ontology, Controlled Vocabulary, Semantic Network;
- Embracing and Managing Multlingualism;
- Mapping, Alignment and Harmonisaton of terminologies, thesauri, ontologies;
- Indexing and Research;
- The compatibility of the ISO and W3C Standards concerning terminology, thesauri, knowledge systems and interchange format;
- Impact and contributions from new domains and technologies connected to Knowledge Engineering and the Semantic Web;
- Software Environments.