Submit an Abstract by June 25 2018: Agriculture Data & Citizens in the African Open Research Data Space ; New & Emerging Technologies (SciDataCon, IDW, November 5-8, 2018, Gaborone, Botswana)
DATA, ICT, SEMANTICS, OPEN DATA, RESEARCH DATA, IN AG OPPORTUNITY: PLEASE CONSIDER SHARING YOUR PROPOSAL FOR:
IDW is a great opportunity for connecting between data practitioners, information managers, researchers, and policymakers - with several active AGRICULTURE DATA Working Groups that will be hosting events during the week and many great links among people and organizations working in tech, data and information management in global AGRICULTURAL development. - as a part of International Data Week (IDW) coming November 5-8 2018 in Gaborone, Botswana.
Please kindly consider submitting an ABSTRACT due JUNE 25, 2018.
INTERNATIONAL DATA WEEK 2018 ...
... is a global conference taking place in Africa. It encompasses all issues relating to data in research from cutting edge issues in data science (the digital frontiers of global science), through challenges of data intensive research, research infrastructures, data stewardship, the use of data in science, society, innovation and development.
Publicise your session!
As a session organiser, please, publicise your session; please take responsibility actively to make sure that any names speakers submit their abstracts and please do your best to solicit additional papers. You can point participants and prospective authors to your session description page which has the URL: https://www.scidatacon.org/IDW2018/sessions/NNN/ where NNN is the three number session ID.
If you wish to make any improvements to the session description, particularly for example to attract additional papers, you can do so by sending a revised text to [email protected] as well as to Asha Law <[email protected]> and to Simon Hodson <[email protected]>
Please note that if a given session receives a greater number of quality papers than foreseen, there is the possibility of expanding that session over more than one slot. Conversely, if a session does not receive a sufficient number of quality papers then the session will not be retained in the programme and any accepted papers will be redistributed accordingly.
Call for Papers: https://www.scidatacon.org/conference/IDW2018/call_for_papers/
List of Accepted Sessions: https://www.scidatacon.org/IDW2018/sessions/
Conference Themes and Scope: https://www.scidatacon.org/conference/IDW2018/conference_themes_and_scope/
Submission Page: https://www.scidatacon.org/IDW2018/submit/
International Data Week is organised by CODATA, the Research Data Alliance (see the 12th Research Data Alliance (RDA) Plenary Meeting), the World Data System, the African Open Science Platform and the Botswana Open Data Open Science Forum, represented by the University of Botswana.
RDA/IGAD (Agricultural Data Interest Group) chairs are organizing the IGAD Meeting(s) in Gaborone (Botswana) November 2018. If you are interested in attending the RDA Plenary and IGAD Meeting(s), please send this information to [email protected] with Subject "IGAD/RDA - Botswana 2018".
- Call for CODATA Task Groups 2018-2020 that will be approved during International Data Week (DEALINE 18 July 2018)
- Turning FAIR Data into Reality - EC Expert Group Report and Action Plan: consultation and feedback until 5 August 2018
- Welcome to Open Data Management in Agriculture and Nutrition Online Course
- GODAN e-learning course on Open Data & Research Data Management in Agriculture and Nutrition and related resources
- Implement effective Open Data & Keep it alive with Open Data TOOLKIT
- E-consultation on ethical, legal and policy aspects of data sharing affecting farmers (FAO e-Agriculture)
- DATA-DRIVEN AGRICULTURE (Recorded Webinars; GFAR / CTA / GODAN)
- FAO DATA SOURCES
- Global Open Data for Agriculture & Nutrition: Success Stories (GODAN)
- Big Metadata : prioritizing next steps to advance Metadata Research in Data Science
- Data Sharing : there is no One-Size Fits-All solution ...
- Open & Big Data : shifts in roles, power relations, quality and knowledge integration
- Open Data : tools for facilitating its implementation and sharing
- GODAN Action's 'Map of Agri-Food Data Standards
- Responsible AI relies on Data Literacy (Semantics Vienna 2018)