We are building a data platform that serves the best organizations in the world. Our data platform is an end-to-end, modular solution that can transform data into meaningful services. In this platform, agricultural and biodiversity data are harvested from diverse sources and –after appropriate enrichment- they can be published through a set of web services to internal and external systems.
We need help in further evolving our data platform and we are looking for smart, problem solvers to join our technology team. We use Java, Solr, Elastic Search, Drupal, EC2 and more (but you can even propose us new technologies).
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be developing a mix of new features for the Agro-Know's Data Platform as well as investigating cutting-edge technologies to make the plaltform better (either more robust, able to handle more processing tasks, or simply provide a better customer experience).
Responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Working on the definition of the specifications and architecture of our Data Platform
- Investigating new cutting edge technologies that can be used in Data Platform
- Developing new features for our Data Platform and new products following an agile process
- Performing unit tests for the Data Platform
- Close collaboration with our data team to develop new data products
- Cloud deployment of the web based systems
Experience and skills needed to join Agro-Know's family:
- BS in Computer Science or Engineering
- MS in Computer Science or Engineering
- Ability to solve ambiguous problems
- At least 3 years previous experience of developing web-based database driven systems
- Experience with developing applications following the MVC model
- Experience with RESTful web services
- Experience with multiple programming languages but mainly Java
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Experience with NoSQL databases
- Experience with MapReduce framework and Hadoop
- Have a GitHub active account
- Linux administration
If you love building complex systems and want a great, open organization, but with the solid management, we are looking forward at your application. Please send us (firstname.lastname@example.org) your application and any additional material (e.g. github account, previous projects etc).
The latest version is available at the Agro-Know wiki.
Agro-Know family is a fast growing company specializing in agro-biodiversity knowledge management. We believe that data can greatly facilitate innovation, research and crop production. We help organizations and people to address societal and environmental challenges using solutions that are informed and enhanced by high-quality data. To achieve this, we develop and put in real practice end-to-end, modular solutions that transform data into meaningful knowledge and services.
We offer a good salary, a multicultural working environment and we give you the opportunity to travel a lot and collaborate with the best agricultural organizations.