IDW2018: African Open Science Platform Session on Skills-development in an increasingly data-driven science environment: an African perspective
The programmes for International Data Week - IDW2018 are now online available!
Please support the African Open Science Platform (AOSP)
Date: Tuesday 6 Nov. 2018
Time: 14:00 – 15:30
Venue: Gaborone International Convention Centre (The Grand Palm). Meeting room to be confirmed.
Please revisit the online programme regularly to monitor changes/new info added by the organisers.
The AOSP session has 8 papers:
- A Curriculum Framework for Capacity Building in Open Science – Zaituni Anthony Kaijage
- Skills Development in Data Science for Astronomy at IDIA – Mattia Vaccari
- An Integrated Framework for Research Data Management Services in Developing Countries – Nancy Nhendodzashe , Thembelihle Hwalima , Ina Smith
- Overview of the African Open Science Platform project with the focus on capacity building – Ina Smith
- Challenges of Sustainable Data Stewarding in Sudan – Muna Mohammed Musnad Farah , K. E. Bashar
- Capacity development for biodiversity research data management and data curation – Willem Coetzer
- A Research Data Management Readiness Training Toolkit for African Universities – Johann Van Wyk , Isak Van der Walt
- Smart learning for adult learners within informal sectors in Kenya: A case of Nairobi – Stephen O. Ogenga , Prof.Joseph Muliaro Wafula , Dr. Agnes Mindila
AOSP is looking forward welcoming all to this very important event, putting research data high on the agenda of all stakeholders!
- South Africa is working towards the advancement of the OPEN SCIENCE agenda elsewhere on the continent
- THE RDA Interest Group on Agricultural Data (IGAD) CAPACITY DEVELOPMENT FOR AGRICULTURE DATA Working Group IN ACTION
- Webinar Invitation : 25 October 2018: Driving Financial Inclusion for Smallholder Farmers by Leveraging Satellite Data and Machine Learning
- Apply by 5 November 2018 ! Free Open Data Management Online Course in Agriculture, Nutrition and Land
- Towards meeting the Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ) quality criteria in the global South
- Research4Life User Experiences from Global South. Get Inspired & Motivated & Share Your Story!
- Learning, Advocating, Training: Push yourself and reach your potential with supportive FAO Capacity Development resources
And, thanks again for your interest !