The AIMS AOD Group of Interest is pleased to announce the "Integrating controlled vocabularies in information management systems : the new ontology plug-in" Webinar.
About the webinar
The Webinar will introduce the new ontology plug-in developed in the context of the AIMS Community, how it works and the usage possibilities. It was created within the context of AgriOcean DSpace, however it is an independent plug-in and can be used in any other applications and information management systems.
We invite the participants of the webinar to give their view how thesauri and ontologies can be used in repositories and other types of information management systems and how the ontology plug-in can be further developed.
4th of July 2013 – 16:00 Rome Time (Use Time Converter to calculate the time difference between your location and Rome , Italy)
- Marc Goovaerts, Librarian and IR administrator at the Hasselt University (Belgium).
- Dirk Leinders, Software analyst and developer at the Hasselt University (Belgium).
How to join
The session is open to anyone but places are limited. If you are interested to attend the webinar, send an e-mail to AIMS@fao.org, containing the following information:
- your name
- your affiliation
- your role
- your country
Once you have requested to attend the webinar, you will receive an e-mail confirming your place with an URL access. Make sure that:
- you have good internet connection
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 7, 8, 9, 10; Mozilla Firefox; Google Chrome
- Adobe® Flash® Player 10.3. If in doubt, go to Checking system requirements of the web conferencing programm Adobe Connect.
This Webinar is co-sponsored by the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) and the Hasselt University.