The GODAN Action team is pleased to re-open the applications for the
Free e-Learning course on Open Data Management in Agriculture and Nutrition.
This e-Learning course aims to strengthen the capacity of data producers and data consumers to manage and use open data in agriculture and nutrition.
Call for applications - Deadline - 27 June, Wednesday 12:00 GMT.
The course will run between 2 July - 27 July 2018
The course aims to be used widely within agricultural and nutrition knowledge networks, in different institutions throughout the world. The course is open to infomediaries (including ICT workers, technologist-journalists, communication officers, librarians and extensionists), policy makers, administrators, project managers, researchers and scientists working in the area of agriculture, nutrition, weather and climate, and land data.
The course is provided in English and lasts for 4 weeks.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
* Understand the principles and benefits of open data
* Understand ethics and responsible use of data
* Identify the steps to advocate for open data policies
* Understand how and where to find open data
* Apply techniques to data analysis and visualisation
* Recognise the necessary steps to set up an open data repository
* Define the FAIR data principles
* Understand the basics of copyright and database rights
* Apply open licenses to data
- Submit an Abstract by June 25 2018: Agriculture Data & Citizens in the African Open Research Data Space ; New & Emerging Technologies in Agriculture (SciDataCon, IDW, November 5-8, 2018, Gaborone, Botswana)
- Apply for GESIS Data Documentation Initiative (DDI) - Train the Trainers Workshop 24.09 - 28.09.2018. People interested in participating in this workshop need to submit their application by July 22, 2018. MORE INFORMATION IS HERE
- The OPEN SCIENCE Training Handbook (FOSTER)
- Implement effective Open Data & Keep it alive with Open Data TOOLKIT