Research4Life programme has recently launched its new “Stories of Change campaign” !
The first story is about the role of AGORA in the Universities’ Central Library (UCL) at the University of Yangon. Interested in getting more involved or telling the AGORA story from your own organization? Contact AGORA at email@example.com
Research4Life is the collective name for the four programmes – Hinari, AGORA, OARE and ARDI – that provide developing countries with free or low cost access (for free to institutions in group A countries and for a small fee to group B countries) to academic and professional peer-reviewed content online.
The AGORA programme, set up by the Food and Agriculture Organization of the UN (FAO) together with major publishers, enables developing countries to gain access to an outstanding digital library collection in the fields of food, agriculture, environmental science and related social sciences. AGORA provides a collection of up to 8,200 key journals and up to 22,000 books to more than 3,100 institutions in more than 115 countries.
Research4Life is pleased to present its new initiative “STORIES of CHANGE” ...
- a series of multimedia stories, experiences and reflections collected during the past year from Research4Life users around the world. The "Stories of Change" campaign has also been launched on Facebook!
# The Research4Life “Story of Change” is about Yu Yu Tin, the head librarian at the Universities Central Library in Yangon who is working to modernize the biggest academic library in Myanmar. In 2016, despite having just started as chief librarian at ULC, she already had set ambitious goals for the library collection...
The IMPACT Research4Life is making on RESEARCH ...
"...Programmes like HINARI, AGORA and OARE … give access to many in the developing world … this ensures that … scientific knowledge also comes to the scientists in the developing world so that they can add their own innovation … adapt it to their own environments and really work on the solutions”, Gracian Chimwaza, Executive Director of ITOCA (Information Training and Outreach Centre for Africa), Pretoria, South Africa.
Research4Life CAPACITY DEVELOPMENT Team Highlights ...
# Ongoing e-learning course "AGORA: Fundamentals of Information Literacy and Access to Global Online Research in Agriculture". The course aims to provide information about the fundamentals of information literacy competencies and develop necessary skills to access and effectively use AGORA.
# Ongoing e-learning course “Access to scientific information resources in agriculture in low-income countries” (ASIRA). The objective of this online course is to provide a platform to enhance the visibility, accessibility and usability of agricultural data and science particularly in low-income countries.
# The Research4Life programmes held training workshops in several countries like Laos, Jordan, Nicaragua, Papua New Guinea, Ghana, Zimbabwe, Nicaragua, Honduras, Guatemala, Nigeria, Uganda and many more. In addition, ITOCA TEEAL/AGORA courses were also delivered in Burkina Faso, Nigeria, Ghana, Ethiopia, Tanzania, Nigeria and Uganda. All Hinari training materials now have this license: Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, as will Research4Life-level materials, to encourage wider sharing.
- Literature Research on Nutrition - Browsing AGORA (Webinar@AIMS)
- Finding AGORA resources by keyword - Literature Research with Summon (Webinar@AIMS)
- Effective Search Strategies for Researchers. Finding resources on AGORA and other platforms (Webinar@AIMS)
- Access to Global Online Research in Agriculture (AGORA) (Webinar@AIMS)
- Investigación Bibliográfica sobre la Nutrición - Navegar por AGORA (Webinar@AIMS)
- Rejoignez-nous pour un webinaire sur la recherche d’information scientifique sur la nutrition – Naviguez AGORA (Webinar@AIMS)
- Encontrar recursos en AGORA por palabra clave. Búsqueda usando Summon (Webinar@AIMS)
- Retrouver des ressources dans AGORA par mot-clé - Utiliser Summon (Webinar@AIMS)
- Estrategias de búsqueda efectiva para investigadores. Encontrar recursos en AGORA y otras plataformas (Webinar@AIMS)
- Des recherches en ligne efficaces pour les chercheurs. Retrouver de ressources dans AGORA et dans d’autres plateformes (Webinar@AIMS)
* Access to research in the developing world (Research4Life brochure)
* Global Online Access to Legal Information (GOALI) - New Research4Life Programme
* Does Online Access Promote Research in Developing Countries? Empirical Evidence from Article-Level Data
* Digital resources in developing world libraries: supporting research needs and increasing usage
* Using Dgroups to scale up online Networking and Communication