Deposit your research data as FAIR Data with help of REPOSITORY FINDER!
With REPOSITORY FINDER - hosted by DataCite - you can find an appropriate repository to deposit your research data. REPOSITORY FINDER queries the re3data registry of research data repositories. REPOSITORY FINDER is a pilot project of the Enabling FAIR Data Project (2017-2019).
ENABLING FAIR DATA PROJECT : GOALS
FAIR-aligned data repositories add value to research data, provide metadata and landing pages for discoverability, and support researchers with documentation guidance, citation support, and curation;
- FAIR-aligned Earth, space, and environmental science publishers align their policies to establish a similar experience for researchers.
- Data, software, technology are available through citations that resolve to repository landing pages. Availability statements is provided. Data are not placed in the supplemental information.
PROCESSES AS CONCRETE EVIDENCE THAT THE GOALS HAVE BEEN ATTAINED
Establish common standards for journals, repositories & researchers - implemented in publication submission systems and further upstream of the research lifecycle.
Require community-agreed upon essential and optimal (preferred) metadata.
Collaborate with and endorse repositories (domain, general, institutional, government, etc.) internationally who meet the data documentation and preservation standards and are part of a community of data preservation providers.
Implement recommendations and guidelines developed by the community initially by a set of key journals and key repositories.
Find out more from DataCite Blog "Data sharing made easier: use Repository Finder to find the right repository for your data"
RDA INTEREST GROUP IN AGRICULTURAL DATA (IGAD) PRE-MEETING: 'DATA COLLECTION IN AFRICA: STATE OF THE ART, CHALLENGES & SOLUTIONS' (5-6 November, 2018, Africa, Botswana, Gaborone)
- Registries for Open Data Repositories, Institutional Repositories, Policies, Journals
- METADATA 2020 : details and crosswalks of the recommendations. Can we agree?
- The RDA Metadata Standards Catalog and the standard canonical set of metadata elements
- Meaningful Bibliographic Metadata (M2B): Recommendations of a set of metadata properties and encoding vocabularies
- How to select appropriate encoding strategies for producing Linked Open Data (LOD)-enabled bibliographic data
- Use of the AGROVOC thesaurus as a common vocabulary in CGIAR Core Metadata Schema and Application Profile
- Repository interoperability (COAR)
- Data Interoperability: The Land Portal experience of Open Data management (recorded GODAN Webinar)
- Find the DATA You need ... more easily with Google Dataset Search!
- agINFRA: a research data hub for agriculture, food and the environment
- FAIRsharing : Find, Register, Claim your Standard, Database, and Policy... FAIRsharing will do the rest
- FAIR data: What and Why? Easier said than implemented?
- Data Science Journal (CODATA)
- DATA-DRIVEN AGRICULTURE (Recorded Webinars; GFAR / CTA / GODAN)
- Discover AGROVOC and other Data Standards on the VEST / AgroPortal platform
And, thanks again for your interest !