Make the best use of the Research4Life Resources… & MORE : Get involved!
Research4Life* is the collective name for the four programmes:
Access to Global Online Research in Agriculture,
Access to Research for Health programme
Access to Research for Development and Innovation
Access to Research in the Environment
with 200+partners working together to provide free (to institutions in group A countries and for a small fee to group B countries) or low cost access to academic and professional peer-reviewed content online.
Thanks to Research4Life Programmes, quality scientific knowledge also comes to the scientists in the developing world, - so that they can add their own innovation, adapt it to their own environments and really work on the solutions.
Invites Your Institution to REGISTER to Research4Life, to access/use its content.
Did you know that AGORA online collection currently counts up to 6,098 key journals and up to 23,000 e-books to more than 3,100 institutions in more than 115 countries ?
TRAINING PORTAL aims to help librarians, information specialists, scientists, researchers and students make the best use of the Research4Life online resources (and more). Here you can find different Research4Life training materials to download for free, such as:
- General Training Material : to understand the similarities and differences between Research4Life four programmes;
- 10 modules to develop Authorship Skills : learn more how to read and write scientific papers, about intellectual property and web bibliography and more;
- Reference Management Tools : to learn how to use different reference management tools to reference bibliographical data such as Mendeley, Zotero, EndNote Basic;
- Specific training modules for the different Research4Life programmes.
Moreover, Research4Life TRAINING PORTAL contains additional resources/information on:
- Local workshops and advanced (online) courses for Research4Life four programmes.
AGORA Capacity Development Highlights :
* Free e-learning course "AGORA: Fundamentals of Information Literacy and Access to Global Online Research in Agriculture" aims to provide information about the fundamentals of information literacy competencies and develop necessary skills to access and effectively use AGORA.
* Free e-learning course “Access to scientific information resources in agriculture in low-income countries” (ASIRA) aims to provide a platform to enhance the visibility, accessibility and usability of agricultural data and science particularly in low-income countries.
* [email protected] on Access to Global Online Research in Agriculture (Filter by “AGORA”)
- Information literacy and research level & Marketing strategies for the adoption of Research4Life resources
- Marketing material, pictures and products
For more information contact [email protected]
Contact AGORA : [email protected]
Contact HINARI : [email protected]
Contact ARDI : [email protected]
Contact OARE : [email protected]
Interested in getting more involved or telling the AGORA story from your own organization? Contact AGORA at [email protected]
Together with INASP, Research4Life has recently launched Information in Action: Celebrating Research Advocacy Champions, - a new book of case studies to provide a series of motivating exemplars for others in the communities that Research4Life serves.
GOALI (Global Online Access to Legal Information). In 2018, Research4Life gears up to launch GOALI, its 5th programme focused on the rule of law for information/data access (see: the formal approval of GOALI) .
- Read Research4Life news
- Read Research4Life blogs
- Follow Research4Life and AGORA on Twitter: @R4LPartnership, @AGORA_R4L
- Join for free AGORA DGroup
- Share Research4Life-related news on Twitter by using #AGORA #Hinari #OARE #ARDI hashtags.
- If you require further information please contact: [email protected]
* Research4Life is a public private partnership of the WHO, FAO, UNEP, WIPO, Cornell University, Yale University and the International Association of Scientific, Technical and Medical Publishers.
It might be also of your interest:
- Does Online Access Promote Research in Developing Countries? Empirical Evidence from Article-Level Data
- Digital resources in developing world libraries: supporting research needs and increasing usage
- Springer opens its entire list of journals to Research4Life: 992 additional journals from Springer are now available through AGORA
- DOAJ PRINCIPLES OF TRANSPARENCY AND BEST PRACTICE IN SCHOLARLY PUBLISHING
*** Do you know someone who has made an outstanding contribution to IFLA or to international librarianship? IFLA’s Honours and Awards recognise those who have given significant service and made distinguished contributions to the profession. Deadline approaching: 23 February 2018 ! The Call for Nominations is here : Don’t delay!
*** Free, Easy-to-Use, Library Leadership Training Materials Introducing Strengthening Innovative Library Leaders (SILL)