AGROVOC may be accessed and used free of charge. It is distributed under Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License. Copyright for content in FAO languages - English, French, Spanish, Arabic, Russian and Chinese - is with FAO, while content in other languages rests with the institutions that authored it.
The current version of AGROVOC is from July 2016.
AGROVOC can be accessed in the following ways:
- ONLINE Search & browse
- File for DOWNLOAD. Two distributions are provided: (a) Core , which only includes AGROVOC concepts (RDF and NT format), and (b) LOD which includes AGROVOC concepts + links to outside resources (NT and NQ format)
- Web Services
SOAP Web services, accessesing the RDF version of AGROVOC through the SPARQL endpoint. For the source code of the Web services, visit the project site. For further technical information about the services, go here. You also may want to look at the WSDL file for the AGROVOC Web Services
- Public SPARQL endpoint, served Allegrograph 4.11. A list of pre-made queries will be available soon.
- As LOD concepts, i.e., AGROVOC URIs resove for both machines and humans. For more information, see our page on Linked Data.
To get a daily update of recent changes in AGROVOC, see the RSS service of Vocbench (please use either Firefox or Explorer). No registration on the VB platform is required.
Note that these formats are not supported anymore. They have been created for various internal needs and are offered as-is.
- SKOS RDF/XML English Only - (much smaller, good for testing in your favorite SKOS editor) agrovoc.skos.xml.en.zip (Mar 2012)
- MySQL - (used for the AIMS AGROVOC search interface)
agrovoc.mysql.zip (July 2012)
- Protege DB - (used internally by VocBench 1.3 which is built over Protégé 3)
agrovoc.protege.zip (Mar 2012)
- OWL - (the internal model used by VocBench 1.3)
agrovoc.owl.zip (Feb 2011)
- ISO2709 - (used by WebAgris and other CS-ISIS sytems)
agrovoc.iso2709.zip (Feb 2011)