Copyright for AGROVOC content in FAO languages - English, French, Spanish, Arabic, Russian and Chinese - is with FAO, while content in other languages rests with the institutions that authored it.
© FAO 2017
AGROVOC thesaurus content in English, French, Spanish, Arabic and Chinese is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 IGO License (CC BY-NC-SA 3.0 IGO). The non-commercial restriction means that third parties can’t use the content for commercial uses without prior permission from FAO. Commercial use can be granted on a case by case basis.
All requests for translation and adaptation rights, and for resale and other commercial use rights should be made via www.fao.org/contact-us/licence-request or addressed to email@example.com.
The latest version of AGROVOC
AGROVOC can be accessed in the following ways:
- ONLINE : SKOSMOS : Search & browse
- File for DOWNLOAD. Two distributions are provided: (a) CORE , which only includes AGROVOC concepts (RDF and NT format), and (b) LINKED DATA (LD) which includes AGROVOC concepts + links to outside resources (NT and NQ format).
- Web Services: SOAP Web services, accessing the RDF version of AGROVOC through the SPARQL endpoint. For the source code of the Web services, visit the project site. For further technical information about the services, go here. You also may want to look at the WSDL file for the AGROVOC Web Services.
- Public SPARQL endpoint, served Allegrograph 4.11.
- Various ways in which AGROVOC is served: HTTP Dereferenciation: all of AGROVOC URIs are served via HTTP on the Web (i.e. any URI in AGROVOC can be resolved on the web). The resolution of these URIs varies depending on the requested content: usually a web page for Web Browsers and RDF data (available in different formats) for linked data browsers.