Access to AGROVOC
AGROVOC can be accessed in the following ways:
- ONLINE : SKOSMOS : Search & browse
- File for DOWNLOAD. Two distributions are provided: (a) CORE , which only includes AGROVOC concepts (RDF and NT format), and (b) Linked Open Data (LOD) which includes AGROVOC concepts + links to outside resources (NT and NQ format).
- Web Services: SOAP Web services, accessing the RDF version of AGROVOC through the SPARQL endpoint. For further technical information about the services, See Web services page. You also may want to look at the WSDL file for the AGROVOC Web Services.
- Public SPARQL endpoint, served by Fuseki version 3.6.0
- Various ways in which AGROVOC is served: HTTP Dereferenciation: all of AGROVOC URIs are served via HTTP on the Web (i.e. any URI in AGROVOC can be resolved on the web). The resolution of these URIs varies depending on the requested content: usually a web page for Web Browsers and RDF data (available in different formats) for linked data browsers.
AGROVOC data can be accessed in different ways depending on the user needs. AGROVOC EDITORS use VocBench3 to edit AGROVOC. AGROVOC human users consult mainly SKOSMOS GUI to search concepts and navigate the hierarchy. Legacy tools still interact with SOAP Web Services. Automatic tools consult SKOSMOS APIs, URI resolution or the SPARQL endpoint. Users having network limitations or specific requirements may prefer to download the entire release and load it in their own tool
Copyright for AGROVOC content in FAO languages - English, French, Spanish, Arabic, Russian and Chinese - is with FAO, while content in other languages rests with the institutions that authored it.
AGROVOC thesaurus content in English, Russian, French, Spanish, Arabic and Chinese is licensed under the international Creative Commons Attribution License (CC-BY IGO 3.0).
If you need further assistance or have any questions related, please contact [email protected].