FAO is looking for Information Management Specialists to work on AGRIS
The Partnerships and UN Collaboration Division (PSU) of the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) has issued a call for expressions of interest to attract individuals to undertake consultancies and/or personal service agreements (PSAs) as Information Management Specialists to work on the International System for Agricultural Science and Technology (AGRIS).
Tasks and responsibilities
The assigned tasks and responsibilities related to technical support in the area of information management can include some of the following elements:
- Implement and deliver training programs, online seminars and workshops in the context of access to scientific information resources in food and agriculture through AGRIS.
- Deliver capacity development activities to increase capacity and awareness on how to manage, access, exchange and use information more efficiently in the AGRIS Network.
- Provide strategic guidance and maintenance of agricultural bibliographic information services.
- Review and publish structured metadata about scientific literature in food and agricultural sciences.
- Support the inclusion of new OAI compliant data repositories into AGRIS.
- Promote the use of AGRIS.
- Contribute to drafting reports/working papers and to disseminating results.
Interested professionals should apply for the opening by 26 October 2023.
For more information and details about how to apply, visit the FAO career webpage here.