FAO is looking for Information Management Specialists to work on AGROVOC
The Partnerships and UN Collaboration Division (PSU) of the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) is looking for Consultants or PSAs to provide technical support for content development and enhancement of the AGROVOC multilingual agricultural thesaurus.
Tasks and responsibilities
The assigned tasks and responsibilities related to technical support in the area of information management can include some of the following elements:
- Support the overall AGROVOC content development strategy and maintenance, in particular, to improve discoverability and visibility of data and publications in line with the FAIR Principles (Findability, Accessibility, Interoperability, and Reuse of digital assets).
- Review existing concepts in AGROVOC based on the specialized are of expertise on demand, based on a systematic approach.
- Identify gaps in content and suggest new concepts.
- Understand the AGROVOC hierarchy and suggest placement for new and existing concepts.
- Research pertinent definitions of concepts including their reliable sources, such as FAO publications, FAOTerm, domain specific literature among others.
- Contribute to the AGROVOC Editorial Guidelines Task Force with guidance on relevant domain specific authorities to check new and existing terminology in AGROVOC.
- Support the AGROVOC Editorial Main Team at FAO in any additional task related to terminology.
- Contribute to drafting reports/working papers and to disseminating results.
Interested professionals should apply for the opening by 26 October 2023.
For more information and details about how to apply, visit the FAO career webpage here.