(Image Credit: DataCite)
Have you followed up on news from the LoveYourData International Week, 13-17 February 2017? Similar to Open Access Week, the purpose of the Love Your Data (LYD) campaign is to raise awareness and build a community to engage on topics related to Research Data Management (RDM), sharing, preservation, reuse, and library-based research data services.
"We love your data, and we want to help encourage its use developing programs and policies that improve population health, well-being, and equity", - LoveYourData 2017 blog.
Data are essential building blocks of scholarship and research.
“The production of data is expanding at an astonishing rate: experts now point to an 4300% increase in annual data generation by 2020” (LEARN project: Goals, Impact And Expected Results).
- Managing research data has become one the contemporary challenges for research institutions while
- Sharing data effectively has the potential to dynamically transform the way that researchers work as it avoids costly duplication in the collecting of data and enables global research collaborations which otherwise would not be possible.
Below are some highlights from several communities of practice engaged with RDM issues.
DataCite develops and supports tools and methods that make data more accessible and more useful.
DataCite invites members from all types of organizations – including data centres, publishers, libraries, and funders – to join its global network committed to supporting data sharing through partnership, advocacy, and by developing tools and services that accelerate data sharing, use, and reuse.
Looking for free openly-licensed research data management training materials?
Browse Research Data Management (RDM) open training materials on ZENODO. These materials can be re-used by others either in a class environment or for self-teaching.
To learn more about multiple facets of RDM, check the news from the IDCC17, Edinburg, 20-23 February 2017:
Monday 20 February 2017:
- A postcard from the future: tools and services from a perfect DMP world
- Building Capabilities for Research Data Infrastructure and Services
- Technical Appraisal of Complex Digital Objects in Evolving Environments
- How EUDAT Services could support FAIR data
- Demonstrating the Value and Impact of Research Data Services
- OpenAIRE services and tools for Open Research Data in H2020
- International Activity in Research Data Management Education
- Curating Digital Content with Fedora
- Essentials 4 Data Support: the Train-the Trainer version
- Data Management & Curation (ICPSR)
- Data Magagement Plans (DCC)
- Research Data Managementat the University of Cambridge
- Summary of the LERU Roadmap
- Research Data Management (RDM) policy and Data Management Plans (DMPs)
- RDM in Latin America and the Caribbean: an Overview
- How do I get a DOI for my dataset?
- Frictionless Data: making it radically easier to get stuff done with data
- Data Dating (Australian National Data Service)
- Put FAIR principles into practice and enjoy your data