19-20 November, 2018: Confederation of Open Access Repositories (COAR) in AFRICA, Zanzibar, Tanzania!
Confederation of Open Access Repositories (COAR), with other partners including West and Central African Research and Education Network (WACREN) and Electronic Information for Libraries (EIFL), is coordinating a REPOSITORY WORKSHOP in Zanzibar, Tanzania on November 19-20, 2018.
This is the first in a series of meetings to develop a more cohesive strategy for strengthening and building more comprehensive repository networks in Africa.
The two-day workshop, which will take place in conjunction with the UbuntuNet Conference, will convene library and National Research and Education Network: NREN (research and education high speed networks) stakeholders from African countries to explore how library-based repositories can better engage with NREN services in order to break down institutional silos, add value to repositories, and support the growth of open science in the region.
The meeting will discuss the current state of open access and repositories in Africa through a presentation of the results of a LIBSENSE survey of higher education sector librarians. It will address issues of repository interoperability, technical development of repositories, and next generation repository services (see: COAR Next Generation Repositories user stories). Additionally, the benefits and roles of network services will be examined and participants will work together to develop a roadmap and identify priority activities for next steps.
Source: COAR events
COAR’s mission is to ensure that, as libraries and research organizations invest in and enhance their local services, adopt common standards and functionalities that will allow them to participate in the global network.
The Open Repositories Steering Committee and Stellenbosch University is delighted to announce that the 15th Open Repositories Conference will be held in Stellenbosch, South Africa, from 1-4 June 2020. The conference will be organised by Stellenbosch University Library and Information Service who looks forward to welcoming delegates to the first Open Repositories Conference (OR) on the African continent.
- COAR Controlled Vocabularies
- COAR Controlled Vocabularies presented at the Open Science FAIR 2017 International Conference
- Free Open Science training courses
- FOSTER RECOMMENDATIONS ON OPEN SCIENCE TRAINING
- IDW2018: African Open Science Platform Session on Skills-development in an increasingly data-driven science environment: an African perspective
- Research4Life User Experiences from Global South. Get Inspired & Motivated & Share Your Story!
- AGORA (Access to Global Online Research in Agriculture)
- Towards meeting the Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ) quality criteria in the global South
- South Africa is working towards the advancement of the OPEN SCIENCE agenda elsewhere on the continent
- AfricaConnect2 makes it possible! ICT Infrastructure, stable Internet connectivity and support services crucial for Open Data sharing across disciplines
- DSpace-GLAM based on DSpace-CRIS : Manage, Analyze & Preserve your digital heritage
- The Potential of National Research and Education Networks
And, thanks again for your interest!