Open Science - Altmetrics and Rewards - Incentives and Rewards to engage in Open Science Activities
This thematic report (published by European Commission, Research & Innovation) provides a systematic overview of the advantages and challenges of supporting Open Science activities, and the incentives and rewards that most effectively encourage the adoption and implementation of Open Science policies.
Building on discussions among participants in the Mutual Learning Exercise on Open Science, the report identifies key concerns and feedback by Member States on how Open Science can and should be fostered.
It then suggests the incentives and rewards (and related motivations and strategies) that apply to three groups of key stakeholders in Open Science:
1) Researchers themselves;
2) Research-performing institutions and funding bodies; and
3) National governments.
In conclusion, a summary of the main advantages and disadvantages of each type of incentive is provided, with suggestions on who is responsible for managing its implementation.
- Scholarly Communication, Digital Skills & Services and Research Infrastructure : LIBER Strategy (2018-2022)
- Invitation to the INTEREST GROUP in AGRICULTURAL DATA (IGAD) RDA Pre-Meeting P11 (Metrics and Indicators in Agricultural Sciences ...)
- Knowledge Exchange Report: About Federated Research Data Infrastructures (FRDI, ZBWMediatalk, 2017)
- Why do Open Science & Incentivizing Data Sharing matter? Visit the African Open Science Platform to learn more
- Building a Culture of Data Citation ... with Persistent Identifiers
- The Open Speakers Database : find experts on Open Access, Open Education, and Open Data
- Implement effective Open Data & Keep it alive with Open Data TOOLKIT
- Big Metadata : prioritizing next steps to advance Metadata Research in Data Science
- Towards the Balance between Copyright and its Exceptions and Limitations
- Data Sharing : there is no One-Size Fits-All solution ...
- Open & Big Data : shifts in roles, power relations, quality and knowledge integration
- Recorded GFAR webinar : Metrics in Agriculture, Impact Measurement and Impact Tools